“Fast Service & Good Food”
Review of El Patron

El Patron
Ranked #21 of 111 Restaurants in Howell
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: GREATEST MEXICAN RESTURANT in the Howell, MI AREA. My wife go there 3 or 4 times a month. Best Burrito's in town and the best Taco Fajita's Salad anywhere. 32oz Mug of Bud-Lite for $5.00.
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Everything I've tried so far as been excellent. Service is fast, which is great for lunch hour, and the food is good. Really love their shredded chicken burrito - has a lot o chicken in it!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Wife and I went for a quick dinner. Service was adequate but food was bad. Ordered Chile Rennos but the chilies were not breaded and were covered with what I took to be taco meat. Couldn't eat they were so bad. Hate to say that you can't expect much more in this area but won't go back there.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I like this place a lot. Their chips and salsa are first class, and there's rarely a wait. The food is good from the regular tacos, burritos and enchiladas to specialty dishes like several shrimp choices.

If you're having a bad day, I guarantee one of their margaritas will fix you right up. The large is as big as your head, so get a regular unless you have a DD.

Fast, friendly service, fun place!

Reviewed 24 November 2017

Large group lunch. Food was very good and our waiter was great. Serving a large group can be a challenge for servers, especially with many separate checks but our guy was very good. We will visit again. Wish they had a separate area to set up group tables rather than 1 table and booths but our lunch was worth it.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

So my wife and I were headed back to Detroit after a few hours' shopping at the outlet mall west of Howell, and drove back through town looking for a late lunch. Ooh! Mexican! That place looks old, like it's been there forever! Let's stop in! And we ordered one of the $17.99 dinners for two. Our first warning should have been the salsa, which was about as interesting as ketchup, and the rubbery chips. The "guacamole salad for two" turned out to be a tiny bowl of tasteless guac, with nothing but the rubbery free chips to eat it with. Our dinners were a tostada covered with tasteless ground beef and nothing else. And a taco with more of that tasteless ground beef and white cheese and a little iceberg lettuce. And a burrito with, you guessed it, tasteless ground beef and a red sauce with very little flavor. Just awful. Trust me, if you're in the mood for Mexican and you're westbound, hold on and drive to Lansing's Old Town and Pablo's, which is fantastic. If you're eastbound, hold out for Novi and La Herradura. I don't know what the other reviewers here were smoking, but I don't have arthritis bad enough yet to be smoking it.