Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$71
SAVE US$14
Expedia.comUS$85
eDreamsUS$85
ExtendedStayUS$85
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 December 2020

The most awful place I have ever stayed. First off their is no Continental breakfast offered like their website states. There are only vending machines. Included in your fees you are suppose to receive cookware, toasters, plates, etc. Well that won't happen. It took a week to get a toaster, and I never got any silverware, utensils, or plates. They kept saying they were out of them. Transient appearing guest hang out in the parking lot blaring music, drinking, and smoking pot. Stay clear of this place. Did I mention I addressed these with Corporate people and nothing was done.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
iResponze Alerts, Agency / Consultant at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2020

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. Please accept our apologies for being inattentive to your needs and the unsatisfactory service you received during your stay. Normally our staff does a terrific job of responding to our guests’ needs, and in your case, that did not happen. We value your feedback and will use it to ensure we are more consistent in our service levels. We hope you will give us the chance to make it up to you at a future date.

Reviewed 16 November 2019

Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Kentwood
Dishonest Pricing Posted - See Craigslist Ad - Grand Rapids
Found the ad on Craigslist for a monthly rate .... Called two different 800 numbers for them.... Could not offer the monthly rate posted for any time period. The rate offered was at over twice the posted rate and more then similar hotels..

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank Rayalone
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2019

Rayalone,

Thank you for your review. We regret the miscommunication that you experienced. We will be sure to review this to ensure everything is up-to-date. In the future, we suggest you contact us so that we can provide you with the latest deals and offers for your stay. We hope you will choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 10 October 2019

I would like to give some feedback on my recent stay at the Extended Stay America in Grand Rapids Michigan on Oct 4th and 5th.
Prior to arrival I contacted the hotel to confirm my reservations and ask if there were coffee pots in the rooms. My reservations were confirmed and I was told there were 4cup coffee pots with Maxwell house pods upon request.
My check in experience was pleasant as far as the staff was concerned, but was told they had coffee pots but NO coffee!?!?!?
I was quite upset as I would have brought my own from home.
The staff informed me there would be coffee in the lobby in the morning. I was ok with that.
My room was what was to be expected. I went to take a shower after checking in and there was no hot water!! I was in a hurry as my weekend was scheduled and I took a cold shower anyway.
The next morning I woke at 9:25am and went to the lobby for a cup of coffee and the area where it was supposed to be along with the grab and go breakfast was EMPTY!! I asked the staff where it was? They said it was already put away!!! I had to drive to a fast food chain to get a cup of coffee.
I continued on with my schedule, and that afternoon after returning to take a shower around 3:30pm I got ready to take my shower and NO hot water! I rinsed off with cold water and hurried to meet my Uber driver at 4:15.
The next morning at 6:15 am I went down to Express this issue and get my cup of coffee. The only coffee they had was watered down decaf and some packaged instant oatmeal. No creamer, no regular coffee!
I spoke with a gentleman at the desk and let him know that I haven't had hot water all weekend and that if he would like to go and check it for himself he was welcome to.
He apologized and asked why I was just informing him.
I explained that I was there on a strict schedule and did not have the time to be moving rooms *they were sold out as well*
So that wasn't even an option.
I am extremely disappointed in this establishment and feel I deserved a "warm" shower to say the least!
I would like compensation for this stay!!
I travel and stay at CAMPGROUNDS that have HOT water!!
This is NOT acceptable!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2019

Thank you for staying at our hotel. We are sorry for the issues you had with the lack of hot water in your room. We have addressed this concern, and we hope you will see this as the isolated incident that it was. Moreover, we also apologize our grab-and-go breakfast was not to your liking. Your concern will be shared with our brand leaders to determine the new breakfast choices. Please consider giving us a chance in the future so we can provide you with the experience you should always expect from us.

Reviewed 1 August 2019 via mobile

I had to book a stay here for a week while on business.

The good:

The location is great and close to work. There was ample parking.
Cellular reception was good with ATT.
Check-in was straight forward.
Full Size fridge and complimentary dishes, silverware and cookware available upon request.

The bad:

The whole place smells of cigarettes. On previous posts, management said that it was because “some guests don’t comply.” This is an understatement. It smells like a casino in the lobby and halls. Thankfully my room doesn’t smell too bad, but does a bit in the bathroom. Some of my coworkers commented on on the smell when I came into work. I don’t smoke.

The Wi-Fi is really bad. It isn’t just slow, because that is expected. But the signal drops when watching any sort of video. Paying for premium wouldn’t solve this issue. Thankfully, I have unlimited cellular data and have been hotspotting. I can see this getting more annoying for guests with longer stays.

There’s no complimentary breakfast. That tag is very misleading. I don’t consider assorted individually packaged muffins and coffee breakfast.

Overall, I could’ve paid more for a slightly better place for my last week in Grand Rapids. However, I tried to save money and am paying the price for it. Will consider Marriott or Hilton properties in the area next time.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank Avendi
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2019

Although you liked our location, please accept our apologies for your unpleasant experience during your visit. We regret that you were not happy with our complimentary grab-and-go breakfast offerings as well as with our internet connectivity. We are also sorry for the odor you experienced during your stay. We will share your feedback with the appropriate team members so that the corrective measure can be taken. We hope you will reconsider a future stay as we would welcome the opportunity to regain your trust.

Reviewed 8 May 2019 via mobile

The 1st room they gave us smelled like cigarette smoke but the receptionist changed our room without a problem and we enjoyed the rest of our night. The vending prices were like going to the movies! Lol.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2019

Thank you for posting a review of your stay. We're sorry for the smoke smell you experienced in your initial room. Please know we have asked our housekeeping staff to make sure this room receives a deep clean to remove the odor. On a positive note, we're glad to know our front desk associate was able to move you to another room and that your rest of the stay was pleasant. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to see you again soon.