“Could have been better”

Americas Best Value Inn Lansing
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 17 July 2017

The pictures on the website looked better then the room itself. Jacuzzi was okay wasn't impressed with missing knobs. Carpet needs to be stretched or replaced. Just wasn't impressed. Noticed a few other hotels in the area, will look into if I ever need a room in the Lansing area.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 10 October 2016

This motel is just terrible. The rooms are not very clean and in the poor condition. Our bathroom door was decaying and wouldn't shut. The walls were decaying and falling apart. There were spider webs on the walls. The beds are so hard and uncomfortable. The continental breakfast was a joke, toast and some tiny stale doughnuts.The worst part was that the next morning I woke up with both my arms and neck covered in itchy red bites from bed bugs. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2016

I needed a cheap place to stay while my brother recuperates from surgery. I chose ABVI Lansing on Ramada Dr due to it's location. The $52 turned out to be $55 (+ taxes). The room reeked of cigarette smoke (clerk said some of their rooms "use to be smoking rooms." The shower / tub had a gray-brown scum on it, and there was dried feces on the toilet seat. I complained to front desk who called the head of housekeeping - who talked the clerk into cleaning it. She had to go and get a stronger cleaner to get it clean!! I touched the bedpost and it fell off. The old box-style TV reception was terrible. There was a refrigerator and tiny microwave. However, I had to put the microwave on top of the desk as there was no plug in for it on the refrig. Then the plug wouldn't stay in the socket (too old). There was sloppy paint jobs throughout and much of the wood was scuffed bare. If there was a breakfast (wasn't told or had info on such), I wouldn't have eaten it! There was "free" WiFi, but it wouldn't stay connected. I stayed there as I was too exhausted to look elsewhere . . . but NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank KSRoots
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Great price BUT

The room was nice but smelled of cigarette smoke. When I called the front desk all I was told is that "all rooms are nonsmoking". There is a sticker on the mirror saying this - BUT when housekeeping made up this room they could have at least put in an air freshener. The cigarette smoke was heavy! Front desk wasn't willing to change our room.

Breakfast was tiny tiny donuts, toast and about 6 ounce cups of coffee. At least serve regular size donuts, and large size coffee cups should also be available or stop saying - FREE "breakfast"

Free WIFI didn't work. The password given out at the desk didn't work and when I called the front desk they said that was the password. I used my I-phone instead.

Room Tip: Pay a little more. This had too many problems (which were all correctible)
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank JeepCano
Reviewed 2 July 2016

the room I had was one the ground floor and facing a large empty open lot that had access to a main street there were no wall, or fences . I felt unsafe. The room was marginal and was never cleaned while I was there for 3 days. They had a tv, microwave and fridge, but only 2 electrical outlets, so I had to choose which item I didn't need and unplug and replug. They had week to week renters that congregated outside . I am a mature woman and I was traveling alone. I would not recommend this place to any traveler.Their idea on a free breakfast where stale plain donuts and coffe with powder creamer,

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo