“Great first time”

Little Panda
Ranked #235 of 470 Restaurants in Lansing
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 29 October 2017

We've been without a Chinese take-out for a while, and are trying to find somewhere new. Hong Kong is great but it's on the other side of town. I've been eating at House of Hsu for decades but it's on the OTHER other side of town, and it can be unpredictable. IngCredible did a good job with custom orders but they moved a while ago. So we finally got around to trying Little Panda, and we're glad we did! Service was very helpful and friendly, and they did a great job accommodating some food allergies. We tried Peony Beef, Hunan Chicken, and Chicken and Broccoli. These house specials included hot tea and a soup in the price. The tea was perfect for a cold and rainy day. Wonton soup was good but beware that many bean sprouts! If you're not used to eating them, or used to eating quite a bit of roughage generally, maybe don't have big plans for romantic night out afterward. But it was delicious and a nice change of pace -- usually the wonton is just broth with a couple of wontons floating in there. I liked the egg drop soup a bit less; it didn't seem homemade to me. Everything else was great, I'd definitely come back and try some more of the menu.

Reviewed 5 March 2016

I used to frequent this restaurant for carry out because their combo plates are a really good deal. I usually got almond chicken. But the past couple of times, the chicken has been really dry. The food is much better if you eat on the spot so I'll continue to go there to eat in but will skip the carry out.

Reviewed 24 October 2015

I lucked out when I stumbled upon this little restaurant. At first I wasn't going to enter, because it just didn't look pleasing. I'm so glad I ventured in side. They seem to do a fair number of take our orders, but the restaurant side definitely had space and it was comfortable. I didn't feel rushed.

The service was great, the food was delicious and I left happy. This is now my go to restaurant when I'm in Lansing.

Reviewed 26 September 2015

A small, strip mall type Chinese restaurant with great food. Signage was out when I tried to find it, and had to call to know I was next to it! Friendly service, great food, good value.

Reviewed 18 December 2014

I went to Little Panda a couple of weeks ago for evening take out , and noticed that the service has definitely slipped.
When I arrived home that evening , the combination plate was missing 1 part out of the 3 part combination. Also the sauce had dripped Everywhere.
When I went in the next afternoon to indicate my displeasure , I was NOT given an apology...They actually acted skeptical that this had occurred.

What ever happened to the customer is always right? Especially when the customer is a LONG time customer of your business

I don't plan on returning anytime soon.

1  Thank BillTLansing