“Don't stay here”

Red Roof Inn Lansing East
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 8 May 2017

The staff was loud and inappropriate. Their language was coarse. The building is in need of repairs and maintenance. The room was small, smelled, and I would take my shoes off because the carpet looked so bad.
We decided to leave and drive through the night to go home instead of staying. When we checked out early, the staff didn't even ask why.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn Lansing East - MSU. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience during your stay.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Was asked to put up a credit card for "incidentals" and "to hold the room". I booked this room through our corporate lodging billing system and it was to be directly billed to our company. I was reluctant to surrender my personal card but was assured it would NOT be used. "Just a formality" she said. Nope........they charged my personal account. I called the manager two days later to get this reversed and corrected. She was to return my call within two hours. Three days later.....Im still waiting for that call or at LEAST for this situation to be resolved.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
redroof29, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn Lansing East - MSU. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

The employee that handled you reservation was fairly new. Though this is not an excuse, we are working to get matters resolved.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We made advance reservations on the Red Roof Inn website. We selected a Superior Room. This is suppose to be a larger room with King size bed, refrigerator and microwave. It was also a Superior price $71.99 plus taxes. We have stayed at various Red Roof Inns when traveling. This one was a disappointment. First the size was not what we are use to when we get a Superior room at other Red Roof Inns. The carpet is in need of replacement. The dresser was damaged with a large stain from a plastic bag. The bath tub had a large rust stain around the drain stopper. The bed linens were thin and worn. There was no TV remote in the room which caused us to go to the Front Desk for one. After a longer than desired wait, we were given one without a battery cover.
This location is not a good testimonial to the Red Roof Inn chain. Very disappointing. Only positive thing for us is that we were only required to stay one night.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 March 2017

The rooms were clean. I called and asked for 2 extra blankets because the bedspread and blankets were quite thin, I was told that they weren't suppose to give extra blankets unless there were extra people in the room. I said that I knew I was going to be cold so they finally agreed to give me 1 blanket but couldn't give me two. They had no hot water in the sink. They did have a microwave and fridge in the room. I probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Bre'Anna Harper
Red Roof Inn - Lansing East - MSU

Reviewed 8 March 2017

The sheets were gross and had not been washed. They didn't service the room or make the bed even though I was there for 2 days. They didn't even give us toilet paper without asking for it. I slept in full street clothes because I was just too tired from my travels to switch hotels. The woman at the front desk was very nice, but after a certain time they talk to you through a bullet proof glass looking window, which is a bit unsettling. It seems like there was an equal mix of weekend warrior/heavy traveler types like myself who were just looking for a place to lay their head without spending a ton. The other half seemed like a more seedy crowd. Definitely came across at least one woman that was clearly on something heavier than cannabis. Wasn't even that cheap by RR Inn standards as I got a $70/night rate. It's close to some nice research parts of the MSU campus but I'd still say avoid if at all possible. I wouldn't stay here for more than $25.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
14.3 km away
12.3 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lansing
4.7 km away
Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel

Been to Red Roof Inn Lansing East? Share your experiences!