“Very good shrimp fried rice!”
Review of U Like Chinese

U Like Chinese
Ranked #250 of 470 Restaurants in Lansing
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I usually judge Chinese food by asking myself two questions: Did it taste good? & Did I get sick?
This place has tasty food and I have not gotten sick after eating it. So that's a passing score in my book. I prefer to have Chinese food delivered and after moving to Holt, there are not many Chinese places that deliver there. This place does and the food is always hot upon arrival. Their shrimp fried rice is really good and so is their general so shrimp. My husband has had the general so chicken and he liked that too. The portion's are pretty big. One entrée will feed two people for sure!

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

I am so happy to have food that isn't weighed down with heavy sauces and MSG. It was also nice to have someone answer the phone who wasn't rude like most of the Chinese restaurants that I call.

Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

We appreciate a good Asian restaurant. This one is, in our opinion, decent. We've ordere here several times before. Never dined in, just carried out. The sweet and sour chicken combo was pretty good; a little light on the optional chicken fried rice. The Thai red chicken curry was a little spicy, tasty but light on the vegetables. Nothing to write home about. The 'decor' hasn't changed in like years, probably not the cleanest or neatest place but Asian quaint. Give it a try. U may Like.

Reviewed 3 September 2015

I am very particular on chiness food. I didn't care for this at all. The dishes they offered that I had had at other places didn't taste the same. The meat is very saucy and the rice/noodles is dry. as if they cooked it 2 days ago. refuse to go back.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

If you try to eat in, the place has little atmosphere, food is presented in take out containers. You either buy a bottle of water, if water is your choice, or drink from a tepid water dispenser. However you certainly can eat in if you wish. The other diners will be almost all Asian, a great sign for an Asian restaurant.
Now that being said, the food is very, very good. The only other places in town where you can get dumplings this good (in smaller orders for more money, by the way) are Hua-pei and Kamp-Bo. They have a more extensive menu than most places,some things are sort of unique to them locally, with some really interesting and tasty Thai Curries.. The Sesame Tofu is orders of magnitude better than one might predict. The take out orders are huge and ready within 10 minutes. The food runs spicey. If you do not want very hot, do ask them to not make it hot. They will adjust it...sort of.
For Asian take out, this place holds its' own with anyplace in town. I visited a long time back the first week they were open. The food is greatly improved, hardly the same if you have not been there recently. Don't let the appearance of the place put you off...their food is wonderful in your mouth! If you've read my reviews, you'll recall that I love little hole-in-the -wall places...this one is worth knowing about.