“A Lansing Tradition worth the visit.”
Review of Deluca's

Deluca's
Ranked #2 of 478 Restaurants in Lansing
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This place is a Lansing Tradition. The Menu isn't cutting edge, the cuisine is comfortable, the dining room busy with families and all age groups. This is solid, American/Italian style food. The "mama's recipes that have never changed" style menu and presentation. The prices are good for what you get, the Pizza is memorable, We always order their house special and add roasted red peppers, roasted garlic, black olives and Feta. Note, they use real whole roasted Garlic cloves, such a treat. Toppings are generous, we generally feast off leftovers for a day or two. The Salads are basic, but ingredients fresh and a nice fresh balsamic vinaigrette which I recommend. Basic wine list, full cocktails available, and friendly service. It's not "5 star cuisine and service", but it doesn't pretend to be. It's a place you can sit back, relax, and just enjoy.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

... but I believe people root for Deluca's based on nostalgia. Deluca's has been around since George Washington signed the Emancipation Proclamation (wait, what?). It's a family restaurant that specializes in Italian food. But their Italian food is just... okay. There's not a lot done to add some pizzazz to the flavor.

If you like a lot of cheese on your pizza, you will love Deluca's. The crust is old-school, as are the toppings, but they put an entire wheel of cheese on top of the pizza, which masks whatever flavor is under there. Personally, I prefer flavor over cheese.

1  Thank Bil M
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I've been going to DeLuca's since I was kid. Our family grew up only a few blocks from here. We used to walk down for pizza nights. Now I have to drive but it is well worth it. Their House Special Pizza is my favorite. It's loaded with toppings. Their pizzas are thick crust & a bit on the heavy side. To me, that's a good thing but I know some like thin crust. If this is you, you might not like the pizzas here. Although I've talked mainly about pizza, They have a full menu of Italian food & it is all delicious (in my opinion).

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I started going here for pizza as a child. Now as adult for years, been going here for what has been the best quality and tasting pizza in my life. You have to use both hands to carry out their large pizza, that's how heavy it is!

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I dined at Deluca’s restaurant on March 6 2018. Everything was going fine, ordered some drinks and an appetizer. The place was busy but didn’t wait for a table. Our pizza took 30 minutes and when it arrived I looked forward to eating some delicious pizza. I transferred a piece to my plate and noticed several (it looked like human)hairs on the pizza. I was grossed out and brought this to the attention of our waitress. She returned the pizza and ordered us a new one. We waited one and a half hours overall from ordering to getting the new pizza. I was so grossed out I lost my appetite. I won’t be eating there again. I think Old Chicago is better.
We did get half off the bill.

2  Thank medic72