“Great BBQ”
Review of Saddleback BBQ

Saddleback BBQ
Ranked #20 of 483 Restaurants in Lansing
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on a work trip. We asked some locals for recommendations and they stated to come here. It was delicious and filling. The cornbread is good and has a little “kick” to it but was good. I had pulled pork- awesome. It included some burnt ends so that adds some flavor. I also had bake beans- too much for me to eat but delicious.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Attention to quality and taste is outstanding! The selection and varying menu items is amazing, all are exceptional including the side dishes. The crowds gather early especially on Friday's. Fairly priced and with good sized portions.

1  Thank johnlamacchia
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Here for one night on business and stopped in here after running with the REO running club. The people working here are so kind and fun living
Pulled chicken smacked and perfectly moist. Collard greens were off the cuff cole slaw and corn bread stuff excellent as well

All three sauces and pickles are made here too

I love this place!

The Good,
Everything down to the tray they serve your food on is cool

The Bad,
Nothing

1  Thank Steven N
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Best homemade fries around. Meat's fries are tiny and do not taste homemade. Pass me n the fri s at Meat unless you cover them with the junk they offer (it's a no from me).

Saddleback pickles are disgusting they are not pickles, and you can eat a hot pepper instead. I could do with a cool refreshing pickle.

Sandwiches are covered in too spicy hot coleslaw. My co-workers brushed it off. Why make hot and inedible. People can add there own hot sauce.

Meat had great mac and cheese until they made it too spicy hot to eat. No I'm not part of the jalepeno fad.

Meat's meats are better than Saddlebacks. Sorry Saddleback but I'm tired of getting gobs of fat or n my pulled pork. Never happens at Meat.

I would buy Saddleback's mustard if they sold it. Very good and different.

Both places you don't go to if you want to eat green and healthy. Saddleback does offer more interesting sides.

Saddleback offers some kind of gag me corn mush yuck. But some people like it.

The pulled pork was fatty again today.

Not returning anytime soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Reviewed a few BBQ places here on Tripadvisor and my bar is pretty high for good brisket and ribs, so it was with a complete surprise we were able to find it in Lansing Michigan!. Was looking for a place to eat lunch while enroute to Chicago, and found some reviews for Saddleback BBQ so we decided to go as it was not far off our trip. Simply put, GREAT BBQ! The brisket was perfectly served with the right amount of fat, flavor and smoke, the ribs were served with a flavorful dry rub and came right off the bone. A great selection of sauces, great slaw and baked beans will trick you to think your in the heart of BBQ country. Well worth the stop!.

1  Thank Mike S