See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 August 2017

It is not a Super 8 as sign in highway indicates. It is misleading and the outward appearance is uninviting and you are not welcomed by staff. I would avoid hotel if at all possible. Disappointment from previous stays when it was a Super 8 hotel

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank j0hnt43
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

This is where we stay when we come to Lansing to visit family. We've never had a bad experience there and the rooms are clean. There is a Bob Evans right next door. Close to movies, shopping, and highway.

Date of stay: November 2016

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 18 January 2017

This hotel stay was due to lack of available rooms in this area at the time...But desk clerk was friendly and the room appeared fairly clean, so we stayed.
Bad decision...
We ended up not having hot water and getting towels or trash bags was all but impossible.
The halls and common areas are un-swept and and lacking basic maintenance.
They advertise breakfast but I did not see any food or coffee and I would not have eaten or drank anything coming from this facility anyway.
Upon leaving my wife found bites on her skin in several areas which were identified by her doctor as bed big bites.
The hotel owners and management have been unwilling to address this situation and even denied that the bed bugs could be present during our stay.
One last suggestion...DO NOT bring children around this property...People fighting in the halls...and the late night hallway traffic , you can use your imagination what that was all about..
Given the option...I would sleep in my car before I stayed in the American Road Super 8

Room tip: stay away...room 300 had bed bugs
Date of stay: November 2016