“Not what it used to be.”

Levering Antiques and Rustic Furniture
Reviewed 16 September 2016

My spouse and I have visited this antiques store for many, many years. It was at its best when it occupied the large, old Charley Walker General Store in Levering across from Cook's Hardware Store. During this period, it was jam-packed with marvelous finds. BTW, one can read about this historic building on a sign where the store had previously existed.

During my childhood while summering with my family on a nearby lake, we bought many groceries at Charley Walker's. As such, the building held many wonderful memories for me of Charley, who lived above the store with his wife, and his massive wheel of cheese on the counter. And yes, mice scurried across the worn,
wooden floor. It was part of the ambiance.

After Charley died, and Levering Antiques moved in, my spouse and I continued to visit year after year each summer. And I continued my trip down Memory Lane. My spouse and I found multiple additions for our cottage during this time period.

Unfortunately, when the historic building burned down, the antiques store had to downsize drastically. Too drastically for an adequate quantity of cottage antiques.

After the fire, the store no longer offered all the magnificent Rittenhouse furniture, and other UpNorth/American Indian antiques that we eagerly sought for our cottage.

We continue to visit each year. But have not found anything to buy for many years...So very sad. It is not what is used to be................

Kudos to the owners who persist, and continue to persist through trials and tribulations.

Do visit. Perhaps you will find your special Northwoods antique!

Reviewed 7 September 2015

some decent stuff, a lot of china & glassware. Nice diversion if you need a stop during travel. Very gracious owner.

Reviewed 12 June 2011

This is an amazing original log cabin furniture for the area. Real rittenhouse, rare and functional furniture! Love this store.

7  Thank robertm42130