“Big groups get bad service....”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #91 of 278 Restaurants in Livonia
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

We had a group of 14 and received some terrible service. Sure we were seated ok time, but the place was 75 percent empty....

The waitress came by one every 15-20 minutes to see if we were Okay...upon asking the manager and her to come ask for some appetizers she and him gave me the nod like, please go back to your seat.

They were annoyed at just about any request that we made. I think it wasn't the waitress's fault, the place was under staffed.

Food tastes great and this turned out well in the end. FYI- been here before with parties of 10 plus many many times.

Not sure why the manager duty didn't care enough....

Reviewed 6 September 2016

I had a delicious half sandwich and salad for lunch off their lunch menu. The food was great and I really enjoyed it. Our waitress was very attentive and checked on us often. My only issue was that it was so loud that I could barely hear my companion. We were there right at lunch and it was crowded. After 1:00 or so, it calmed down some. I did like the food, but if you're looking for a quiet conversation, don't go at meal time. Most likely would return.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

This California Pizza Restaurant has very friendly waitstaff. The salads are wonderful. A full order is plenty for two as a main entree. You could probably feed at least four as a side salad. The pizzas are good, but not as saucy as we like. Next time we go, we will try to remember to order it with extra sauce.
The dipping bread and oil was wonderful, however, our server never offered to bring more. I know, we could have asked, but if the server was on top of things, he would have asked us. The entrees were a little pricey, but since we didn't try any I have no comments. I would definitely come back for their salads.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

We were a group of 6 girlfriends meeting for lunch. I had the BBQ chicken salad and it was delicious. Everyone ordered something different and all were happy with their choices. The server was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

We love California Pizza Kitchen because of all the interesting combinations of specialty pizzas. This is a great place for family or friends, for kids from 3 to 103. The waitstaff is always very friendly. The meal is a little carb rich because a basket of (very tasty) bread comes with the (thin crust) pizza. Also, we can't help but order the pita and hummus!

Been to California Pizza Kitchen? Share your experiences!