“!!!Love This Motel!!!!”

Ventura Motel
Ventura Motel
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
Reviewed 9 March 2015

My husband and I recently spent nights here many times. This Motel was very clean and the staff was helpful. Great Housekeeping, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this motel from the minute I walked in the door. Will be back soon with our other family members. :-)

Room Tip: Great Location, two blocks from Lake Michigan
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Ventura Motel

Reviewed 20 October 2014

We have been staying at the Ventura Motel in Ludington for years for our vacations. It is very clean and quiet. The owners are very kind and courteous. It is in a great location, close enough to walk to the beach, walk two blocks to the heart of the city. I don't need a motel with a pool with the beach so close...it is a motel that you will want to keep staying at if you like a quiet location and friendly place to stay.
Kim - Charlotte MI

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kim D
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I only spent one night here. It was okay, nothing fancy.It provided a comfortable nite sleep and it was okay. They did have coffee in the morning but that was all. Staff was pleasant to me. I would recommend only for a quick stop on way up further north.

two. It was t

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We are a group of 4 cyclists who like a motel where you can drive right to the door and then park your bikes inside. The rooms were very clean and large. The price at $55 was right. You could walk to the downtown strip or the restaurant a couple of blocks away. We were one mile from the ferry which made it easy to get there for the 8:30 a.m. departure. This motel is basic, no pool, no hairdryer, no breakfast - just coffee - but a good place to rest your head while travelling through Ludington.

Room Tip: No smoking on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mil B
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this motel for two nights because I was in a wedding here in Ludington. Upon checking in, the owner immediately started treating me with disrespect. I told her there would be 2 of us staying in the room and she looked at me with disgust (it was my friend-a girl- and myself sharing the room to save on cost) I also had to tell her how much change to give me back because she could subtract very well.

I walk into the room and I was shocked! The smell was unbearably horrible, most of the windows were screwed shut and the ones that I could open only opened about 3 inches. The entire room was completely out dated. I got electrocuted twice trying to turn on one of the lamps. My alarm clock wasn't even on.

I could not believe the service here. Throughout my stay every time I would come out/in my room one of the family members would be outside just standing there staring at me like I was some kind of criminal (very uncomfortable)

Upon check out I was yelled at because we had an extra person stay in our room because they were to intoxicated to drive home. The owner yelled at me and threatened me saying he has security cameras and he saw that I had 5 extra people in my room (completely untrue) I didn't even argue with them I calmly said I was sorry and I didn't know I wasn't suppose to have any extra guests. They said that I owed them $20 more dollars and if I tried to leave that they would catch me (keep in mind I have only said a few words and I wasn't even arguing with them)

Needless to say, do not go here! You will get the worst room in the whole town along with the worst service. I wish I had read some reviews before wasting my money here.

• Stayed: September 2013