“You get what you pay for maybe”
Review of Ventura Motel

Ventura Motel
Ventura Motel
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
Reviewed 11 September 2015

It started with my phone reservation. Right, no online reservations available. I was quoted a price of $99. I asked for a confirmation number and was told that I did not need one. No confirmation available via email either. I needed a room and gave it a shot. It was very clean and old! Bed was comfortable, but window air conditioner aimed at our heads. WiFi was unreliable. I had to go to the main office to connect. Had to hang a suit bag over bathroom window as the curtain was very thin. The room itself was large. When I checked in I was given what looked like a receipt from my credit card that the lady wrote the password for the internet on. The receipt when I looked later had no charges on it. When I checked out next day charge was $122.10. When I asked for a listed receipt, manager said his wife gave me one last night. Which she did not do! He gave me a hand written generic receipt for$122.10. nothing to show room price or taxes. It was ok for one night, but would not suggest anything longer. No, I would never go back.

Room Tip: Rooms nearer office have better wifi.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Ventura Motel

Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

We stayed in Ludington one night to get on the Badger the next day. This is an old school motel. No frills, just a decent room with one of the lowest prices in town. It worked great for us to lay our heads down and if you're just stopping over, it will work for you too.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

It was a bed and a hot shower. Bed wasn't very comfy, but the room seemed pretty clean (however very dated) and it was easy to walk to downtown from our room. It was also way cheaper than every other place we found. Last minute decision to stay in town. 95 bucks for a Friday night. Would be decent for the fisher coming into town just looking for a place to crash.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sherriberri519
Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

Clean, yes.... Comfortable not really. Beds are hard, pillows are flat. It's super duper dated so you feel it's dirty because everything looks like it's from the 70's or 80's. I'm sure they clean it and keep it up but wow update it already! The air conditioners in the windows kept you either cold or muggy hot. It's just not homey.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank mtimes3
Reviewed 17 July 2015

How people like this can operate a business like a motel boggles the MIND. After check in, went back into the office to get some light bulbs (two to be exact), was told all lights were in working condition upon check in and was informed there would be a $20 dollar charge added to our bill. Yeah right!! That turned out to be a hollow threat and we were not charged, not like we were going to pay these people anymore anyways. Later, went back into the office and brought up a noise complaint and was told my wife and I could leave. Were in our 50's and the woman behind the counter felt it ok to start yelling at us after hearing of our complaint. Our room was noisy, smelled foul and was outdated. Don't know about the morning coffee, really had no desire to go back inside the office for some and see these people who run the establishment unless I had to. Besides, we couldn't exit our room without one of the owners (I presumed) coming outside and staring at us. Many other quaint motels in Ludington. Needless to say we will not be coming back to the Ventura Motel.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple