Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Official Hotel
US$254
View deal
TripadvisorUS$254
Travelocity
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
1,254 results
All reviews main building carriage house yogurt hard boiled eggs air conditioning rent bikes enjoyed our stay front porch no elevator third floor downtown area your luggage ceiling fan beautiful property ferry island porter
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at Harbour House for our first visit to Mackinac and had a great stay. It is just out of downtown so it was quiet and peaceful. There were several sections of it and we had a nice balcony overlooking the gardens. The staff was pleasant and most accommodating. Our AC went out and they sent a fan and had it fixed promptly. The gardens were beautiful with places to sit and read and get away. They rent bicycles on property and offer a breakfast as well. I loved the location and the quiet, we had a suite and wished we had a fridge to keep drinks cold but that was our only disappointment. The beds were comfortable and the service kept the room clean all week. Great experience!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KBD87
Becky Miller, Sales at Harbour View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for staying with us! We are so glad the staff were pleasant and accommodating, you enjoyed the balcony overlooking the gardens, bike rentals and breakfast. You can always request a mini-fridge for your room! Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2021 via mobile

My family and I have been coming to Mackinac Island for over 20 years for the yacht races. I like to try out the different hotels and stay at different places each year. This was our second time staying at the Harbor View Inn.

We stayed in the 3 bed room in the main building which the website says “most unique room on the property”. The best part was how big it was and that there were 2 small bathrooms, one at each end of the room. The parts I didn’t like is that there was only one air conditioning vent which was insufficient for such a large room and could’ve used a recharge because the air wasn’t very cold. We ended up keeping the window and skylight open because it was really stuffy in the room.

We ate breakfast at the hotel one of our three nights. It was fine if you are in the mood for cereal, pastries, yogurt and that sort of thing. I like how they had it set up cafeteria style where you order what you want and then they bag it up to go instead of a buffet.

The gardens are beautiful and well kept. The front desk staff was efficient and the bellman and luggage transfer was the best I’ve had on the island, in any hotel.

I loved sitting on the front porch each morning. There was a wedding one afternoon in the garden and I imagine the photos will be beautiful with such a nice setting.

I hope to return next summer and book a balcony room.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Becky Miller, Sales at Harbour View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

Thank you for staying with us! We are glad you enjoyed the gardens and front porch! Please visit us again soon for that balcony room!

Reviewed 1 August 2021

It is pretty place but expensive. Cable TV doesn't work well and mattress is not comfortable. Breakfast was very good and bike rentals at the property were cheaper then in town. It is a walking distance to any attraction.
I don't think it is worth to spend money to stay at the island. You can just take ferry in am and come back pm.

Date of stay: July 2021
Becky Miller, Sales at Harbour View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2021

Thank you for staying with us! We are sorry you did not find the value in staying on the beautiful island but are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and bike rentals!

Reviewed 1 August 2021

My friend and I stayed here for one night while we were on the island; we wished we could have stayed longer. Check in was very easy. The staff picked up our bags at the dock and delivered them to our room. It was not quite ready when we got there but they took our phone number to call us when it was ready. We were hungry so we had a quick lunch at Bill's Grill which is on the grounds. Before we had finished our lunch they called to let us know that the room was ready. We went upstairs and our bags were delivered within 5 minutes of our arrival. The room was very pretty and comfortable. We got a harbor view room and even though we were the the "Guest House" at the back of the property we did have a nice view of the harbor. The grounds were beautiful - lots of pretty flowers and sitting areas to just relax; we wished we had more time to enjoy it but unfortunately we didn't. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I would love to stay here the next time I'm on the island.

Date of stay: July 2021
Becky Miller, Sales at Harbour View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2021

Thank you for staying with us! We are so glad you enjoyed your time and hope you do stay with us for your next visit!

Reviewed 29 July 2021

The inn is absolutely charming but even better is the location. The property is just a couple of blocks north of the touristy area. That might now sound like much but it made a huge difference in the enjoyment of our stay. The hotels right on the "main drag" are in a high traffic/congested/loud area with thousands of people moving up and down the block all day and close to the few late night spots on Main St. We walked a few hundred yards and it was so peaceful.

Our room was charming. It wasn't very big but it overlooked a beautiful garden and had everything you need except a refrigerator, which I always miss when there isn't one.

My highest compliments go to the staff. Everyone at the front desk was helpful and made sure we were enjoying our stay. The breakfast right now is "grab and go" but the servers were so pleasant and helpful. However, I must single out the porters, and especially Brady. These guys meet you at the ferry, load all of your bags on one bike, and deliver them to your room. Then they reverse the process when you leave. These kids work so hard and truly make you feel like it's their pleasure to serve you.

When it comes to Mackinac Island everyone talks about the Grand Hotel. It is awesome, but their prices are out of this world. For about a third of the price we had a great stay at The Harbour View Inn. You can't beat it!

Date of stay: June 2021
Becky Miller, Sales at Harbour View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2021

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate you taking the time share your experience and hope you will visit us again soon!