See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Last minute trip & too late to make revs. at usual nice family motel down the road so had to wing it. No time to check Trip Advisor like I usually do. Like the other review, had to go to different motel to check in, get key, check out, etc.
- They have 4 hotels in a row & told us to go the wrong direction down the road, didn't explain which bldg. room was in, was dark do couldn't see room #'s so couldn't find upstairs room.
Very poorly run & maintained.
Made a list the next day so I could write a review, here it is:
- King fitted sheet didn't fit over corners of mattress & were wrong side out (corner seam edges to outside)
- Light on one night stand for looks only, no plug in socket reachable
- No notepaper
- Microwave but no hot cups (only cold) so had to drink nighttime Sleepytime tea cold (yuck)
- Bathroom sink sprays water everywhere
- Green "grass" mold growing on edges of balcony
- Two story window (high) in entry unbelievably filled with bugs, etc.
- Light socket in bathroom - mobile, open socket
- Just plain dirty

Only good thing is: Nice setting, nice bridge view

Room Tip: Water side, bridge view
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Joyce B
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I booked this through Booking.com. The week prior, I could not get the hotel to answer the phone. I was pretty nervous about our stay. Location is one of the last on the beach away from downtown Mackinaw City. There was a note on the office door to go to another motel, the SunRise. There, the check in lady said that we would stay there instead, that they owned several hotels and Bridge View was not yet opened for the season. So we stayed at the SunRise. Thus, I cannot review the Bridge View. I believe that there are a group of out of town owners who have purchased many properties here, because I kept seeing "American Owned" signs on some other properties. Also, the Sun Rise and Bridge View do not have the featured breakfast. We had to drive up the road to a nicer hotel (one of which they owned) to have our breakfast. Which was good. But strange set up for sure.From the road, the Bridge View looked like an older, motel type place. There was a beach and you could see the Bridge, but we never saw the insides.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MichiganRabbit
Reviewed 29 October 2016

Unfortunately we paid 1 month in advance to rent an apartment from the Manager (Brittany). This was actually her own apartment. She was offering a 30 day sub-lease to me, my wife, and our 1 year old daughter. We drove several hours and arrived at the hotel to pay her (a total of $725 cash) in advance, and pick up the keys. Since part of this amount was a cleaning fee, she told us she hired someone that cleaned the apartment. We were looking forward to getting there, and settling in!

When we got to the two bedroom apartment, the first thing we noticed was a foul stench. The heavy smell filled each room, especially the main bedroom. Then, my wife and I quickly discovered the poor condition of the kitchen, and bathroom. The tub was gross and caked with nastiness, and the toilet was even worse. The tub drain in the bathroom was also partially clogged, and water filled up the tub when turning on the shower. The kitchen floor was a brownish yellow (we later discovered the tile was actually white). There was a pile of trash on the kitchen floor by the garbage can, which was not emptied. The bathroom garbage can was also not emptied, with lingering odor.

My wife and I along with our 1 year old daughter left soon after arriving. Realizing we had little options to stay elsewhere for a short-term 30 day lease. We were tired and just hoping to get the place cleaned up before going to bed. We drove to a grocery store and bought cleaning supplies (bathroom cleaner, vinegar, a mop, broom and dust pan, paper towels), and other things. Then we came back and started cleaning. By about 3am we were done cleaning, and trying to air out the place before going to sleep.

However, we did not use the main bedroom or the bed. The mattress in the main bedroom was absolutely gross, and I noticed that much of the smell in the apartment was coming from the mattress. We stayed in the other bedroom that was previously her baby's room, and we slept on the floor using our own blankets and pillows. There was still a smell eminating from the main bedroom with the gross mattress. We ended up sealing the door the next day by putting plastic garbage bags around the edges of the door. That seemed to help, but not enough.

The heat did not seem to work, but since the weather wasn’t too cold outside I was not too concerned immediately. However, since it was colder the next evening I grew more concerned since I could not seem to turn up the thermostat. The next day, I prayed, gathered my thoughts and called Brittany. I explained the condition of her apartment in detail. She insisted that she previously hired someone to clean the apartment before we got there. I told her whoever she hired did not clean the place, but perhaps only straightened up a few things and threw a clean sheet on the bed (over the gross mattress). I also mentioned to her that the heat did not seem to work. She continued to insist that the place was cleaned, and explained that maintenance did not have the heat on yet, since it was still warm outside.

The next day, we left the windows cracked along with open boxes of baking soda throughout the place to hopefully absorb the stench. We stayed a few hours away at our timeshare for 4 nights, while hoping that by the time we got back the place would air out enough.

After coming back 4 days later we thought we would be able to stay without further issues. The next morning we started feeling the same sick feeling we had when staying there before. That day we asked maintenance about the heat. They checked the furnace and said there was a broken part that needed to be ordered and installed. We left again since we had already planned to go to my mother-in-law’s for a few nights in the Detroit area. When we got back to the apartment 2 days later. We stayed one more night. This time we had a working furnace. I thought, they probably replaced the air filter too, so hopefully that would help with the lingering odor and whatever viruses or bacteria, etc. may have been present in the apartment.

However, the next morning, I realized that regardless of any cleaning we had done, or were able to do, or possible air filter, the place was still not in any condition to stay. Considering the mattress that was still in the other bedroom needed to be removed from the apartment, the carpets were not cleaned (and we were sleeping on the floor), and the couch even smelled of mustiness and grossness in the living room, this was out of our hands. We did everything we could, and simply had enough.

This was not the written agreement we had with Brittany, and that 30 day sub-lease we signed with her was broken by her from day one.. and continued to be broken and neglected due to the condition of her apartment still.

I called Brittany and explained that we were not able to stay. I explained that even after we ended up cleaning the apartment, that it still was not reasonable to stay there. I told her that we did not even use the main bedroom, since it still lingered with odor from the gross mattress, the carpets needed cleaning, and the couch was musty and gross. I explained the lingering odor, and even how we felt sick each time we stayed there. I reminded her of the amount of cleaning we already did. I explained how the furnace actually needed to be fixed due to a broken part, and that the tub drain had to be unclogged, etc. However, she didn’t seem to acknowledge one word of what I was saying, yet alone apologize.

Instead, she repeated how she already had the placed cleaned before we arrived and that she had pictures. I don’t know what she could have pictures of, but I certainly know there are no pictures of a clean toilet, clean sinks, clean tub, clean bathroom floor, clean kitchen floor, empty trash cans, clean refrigerator, clean stove, clean mattress, etc., etc.!

I told her there was no way she could have any legitimate pictures of these things actually being clean. Besides this, you can’t take pictures of the stench. If you could smell it, it would be worth a thousand words.

During that call I told her that I would like to be refunded the remaining amount for the lease (we were only 10 days into the 30 day lease). I mentioned that we were willing to settle for only half of our money back, and that I would like to settle the situation quickly.

She told me the place was worth much more than we were paid her, because the hotel she manages (owned by her grandparents) rents out rooms for over $100 per night. After some more brief discussion, she told me she had to get off the phone because she had a personal matter to deal with. In the meantime, the three of us left to stay at my mother-in-law’s one bedroom apartment again. She didn’t call back.

When I tried calling again, the phone went to her answering machine saying that her "mailbox was full". Since I couldn’t leave a message, I text her and asked her to "Please call me when you get this". Finally, I tried calling again several days later and she answered abruptly. I explained the situation again, and she continued to insist that the apartment was cleaned. I also explained that due to the continued odor, the mattress needed to removed from the apartment, the carpets needed cleaning, and the couch needed to be removed or cleaned. I told her again that it was not cleaned when we arrived, that we had cleaned the place as much as we could, and that we had lost money, time, and health.

She then simply said I should see things from her point of view. She also told me she was not going to refund any of our money. When I tried to tell her again how we even had to seal the bedroom door with plastic bags to keep odor out, she hung up on me. Yup.

If we end up filing a case against her in small claims court, we will ask for the full amount owed to us, including court fees. In the meantime, we are re-working our living situation and just thankful to be out of that apartment.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank michiganguy1
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Service is horrible I make my reservations online when I get to the hotel this front desk person ask for money cash he said taxes was not charged in my credit card so have to be cash he was talking to me and somebody else on the phone in same time

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank 79juanmiguelf
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Nice views of the bridge and sandy beach. Rooms were terrible, old box TV, sat on bed and sagged so much was almost on the floor. Air conditioning was a window unit behind a portion of a wall so did not cool down bed area. There was fridge and microwave. Took a long time for hot water. Was told breakfast was in room behind check in area, this was the saddest and terrible breakfast ever! One empty carat of coffee and no one to ask for coffee. Bagels and biscuits with a very small Crock-Pot (almost like the kind you melt candles) of so called sausage gravy, I honestly think it was the powered stuff that you just add water. Yuck! Stale raisin bran cereal with no milk. I would not go back.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family