US$499
Comfort Inn Lakeside(Mackinaw City)
US$487
ComfortInn
US$470
US$443
US$419
ClarionHotels
Mackinaw Beach and Bay - Inn & Suites(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$336
Lighthouse View Motel(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$369
The Beach House(Mackinaw City)
US$361
Starlite Budget Inns(Mackinaw City)
US$309
US$299
US$401
US$329
Clearwater Lakeshore Motel(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$329
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2017

My wife booked online for about $69.00 plus tax. We got there and had to register at the next door Sun Rise Motel. They gave us a room at the Sun Rise instead of the Bridge View. The room was crummy and the size of a prison cell. My wife revolted so I complained and was offered a bigger room in their newer building. The room seemed OK but my wife didn't think it was right for us to pay an extra $60.00 they insisted on charging us. We wanted to cancel and go elsewhere but were told no deal, can't do it. By this time a second receptionist was involved. She was very Unsympathetic and a bit rude. My wife finally (wisely) told them she had not booked at the Sun Rise, rather she booked the Bridge View. Suddenly the situation became very apologetic and we were promptly given a key to a room at the Bridge View. The second receptionist blamed the mix-up with the online booking, but it was clearly the decision of the first receptionist to try and put us in the 'jail cell'. It appeared to be a bait-and-switch tactic. Once we got our room, it was decent and we didn't make any more fuss over the situation.

One more thing, the free breakfast was at a third motel adjacent to the Sunny Side. It was about a 150 yard walk. Their breakfast consisted of coffee (no decaf), some muffins, little donuts and some imitation orange juice. I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2017

So making a trip up through Canada and decide to stop by Mackinac Island on the way. GF finds this little gem with decent reviews on another site we book a room.

DO NOT WANT.

Drive up and there is a note in the window of the office telling us to check in at the motel next door. Weird but looks like this is a group of 4 hotels using one front office. Ok. Person at front desk was somewhat rude during check in but Oh Well here we were with a reservation and so we finished checking in. On the way back to the room we stopped by the hot tub and found it was less than 90 degrees.

Went to the room, opened the door and get smacked in the face with eye tearing levels of bleach. Back walking over to the neighboring office space and they give us a different room. Open that door and get the bleach treatment again, but maybe not as bad. Open windows and kick on fans and head down to the beach while the room defumigates a bit.

The beach is sandy with a few small stones occasionally, some sand grasses, a couple of fire pits with overspilling bottle caps and cigarette butts and partially burnt bottles and cans, a few cheap plastic chairs, a couple of fold down deck chaise lounges one of which has been destroyed and the parts remained scattered on the beach with reeds and grass growing through the remnants, and no available firewood in sight. The neighboring property (where we checked in) had a somewhat cleaner beach and the line of demarcation between the properties was quite apparent.

Back to the room noting the dislodged roofing shingles along the way. Old screw hold in the furniture top from where they had removed old TV's and replaced them with new (what looked to be 32") flat screens. The toilet had multiple cracks in it. The bathe fan worked well but made so much noise it couldn't be run unless the bath door stayed closed. The room book with pertinent stay information and local eatery information had been obviously previously abused and was missing pages and had cut out parts of pages. Part of the missing info was the wifi password so I grabbed the room phone to call the front desk, but the room phone had no dialtone. So I looked back in the room book for the front desk phone number but that wasn't there. After using my cell to google the places main number I used my cell to call them and when I informed them that the room phone did not work was informed that they knew of that already.

Room Tip: Stay at some thing more in town with a major chain name. $10 or $15 can make a big difference over this one.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mynamewenthere
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Last minute trip & too late to make revs. at usual nice family motel down the road so had to wing it. No time to check Trip Advisor like I usually do. Like the other review, had to go to different motel to check in, get key, check out, etc.
- They have 4 hotels in a row & told us to go the wrong direction down the road, didn't explain which bldg. room was in, was dark do couldn't see room #'s so couldn't find upstairs room.
Very poorly run & maintained.
Made a list the next day so I could write a review, here it is:
- King fitted sheet didn't fit over corners of mattress & were wrong side out (corner seam edges to outside)
- Light on one night stand for looks only, no plug in socket reachable
- No notepaper
- Microwave but no hot cups (only cold) so had to drink nighttime Sleepytime tea cold (yuck)
- Bathroom sink sprays water everywhere
- Green "grass" mold growing on edges of balcony
- Two story window (high) in entry unbelievably filled with bugs, etc.
- Light socket in bathroom - mobile, open socket
- Just plain dirty

Only good thing is: Nice setting, nice bridge view

Room Tip: Water side, bridge view
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Joyce B
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I booked this through Booking.com. The week prior, I could not get the hotel to answer the phone. I was pretty nervous about our stay. Location is one of the last on the beach away from downtown Mackinaw City. There was a note on the office door to go to another motel, the SunRise. There, the check in lady said that we would stay there instead, that they owned several hotels and Bridge View was not yet opened for the season. So we stayed at the SunRise. Thus, I cannot review the Bridge View. I believe that there are a group of out of town owners who have purchased many properties here, because I kept seeing "American Owned" signs on some other properties. Also, the Sun Rise and Bridge View do not have the featured breakfast. We had to drive up the road to a nicer hotel (one of which they owned) to have our breakfast. Which was good. But strange set up for sure.From the road, the Bridge View looked like an older, motel type place. There was a beach and you could see the Bridge, but we never saw the insides.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MichiganRabbit
Reviewed 29 October 2016

Unfortunately we paid 1 month in advance to rent an apartment from the Manager (Brittany). This was actually her own apartment. She was offering a 30 day sub-lease to me, my wife, and our 1 year old daughter. We drove several hours and arrived at the hotel to pay her (a total of $725 cash) in advance, and pick up the keys. Since part of this amount was a cleaning fee, she told us she hired someone that cleaned the apartment. We were looking forward to getting there, and settling in!

When we got to the two bedroom apartment, the first thing we noticed was a foul stench. The heavy smell filled each room, especially the main bedroom. Then, my wife and I quickly discovered the poor condition of the kitchen, and bathroom. The tub was gross and caked with nastiness, and the toilet was even worse. The tub drain in the bathroom was also partially clogged, and water filled up the tub when turning on the shower. The kitchen floor was a brownish yellow (we later discovered the tile was actually white). There was a pile of trash on the kitchen floor by the garbage can, which was not emptied. The bathroom garbage can was also not emptied, with lingering odor.

My wife and I along with our 1 year old daughter left soon after arriving. Realizing we had little options to stay elsewhere for a short-term 30 day lease. We were tired and just hoping to get the place cleaned up before going to bed. We drove to a grocery store and bought cleaning supplies (bathroom cleaner, vinegar, a mop, broom and dust pan, paper towels), and other things. Then we came back and started cleaning. By about 3am we were done cleaning, and trying to air out the place before going to sleep.

However, we did not use the main bedroom or the bed. The mattress in the main bedroom was absolutely gross, and I noticed that much of the smell in the apartment was coming from the mattress. We stayed in the other bedroom that was previously her baby's room, and we slept on the floor using our own blankets and pillows. There was still a smell eminating from the main bedroom with the gross mattress. We ended up sealing the door the next day by putting plastic garbage bags around the edges of the door. That seemed to help, but not enough.

The heat did not seem to work, but since the weather wasn’t too cold outside I was not too concerned immediately. However, since it was colder the next evening I grew more concerned since I could not seem to turn up the thermostat. The next day, I prayed, gathered my thoughts and called Brittany. I explained the condition of her apartment in detail. She insisted that she previously hired someone to clean the apartment before we got there. I told her whoever she hired did not clean the place, but perhaps only straightened up a few things and threw a clean sheet on the bed (over the gross mattress). I also mentioned to her that the heat did not seem to work. She continued to insist that the place was cleaned, and explained that maintenance did not have the heat on yet, since it was still warm outside.

The next day, we left the windows cracked along with open boxes of baking soda throughout the place to hopefully absorb the stench. We stayed a few hours away at our timeshare for 4 nights, while hoping that by the time we got back the place would air out enough.

After coming back 4 days later we thought we would be able to stay without further issues. The next morning we started feeling the same sick feeling we had when staying there before. That day we asked maintenance about the heat. They checked the furnace and said there was a broken part that needed to be ordered and installed. We left again since we had already planned to go to my mother-in-law’s for a few nights in the Detroit area. When we got back to the apartment 2 days later. We stayed one more night. This time we had a working furnace. I thought, they probably replaced the air filter too, so hopefully that would help with the lingering odor and whatever viruses or bacteria, etc. may have been present in the apartment.

However, the next morning, I realized that regardless of any cleaning we had done, or were able to do, or possible air filter, the place was still not in any condition to stay. Considering the mattress that was still in the other bedroom needed to be removed from the apartment, the carpets were not cleaned (and we were sleeping on the floor), and the couch even smelled of mustiness and grossness in the living room, this was out of our hands. We did everything we could, and simply had enough.

This was not the written agreement we had with Brittany, and that 30 day sub-lease we signed with her was broken by her from day one.. and continued to be broken and neglected due to the condition of her apartment still.

I called Brittany and explained that we were not able to stay. I explained that even after we ended up cleaning the apartment, that it still was not reasonable to stay there. I told her that we did not even use the main bedroom, since it still lingered with odor from the gross mattress, the carpets needed cleaning, and the couch was musty and gross. I explained the lingering odor, and even how we felt sick each time we stayed there. I reminded her of the amount of cleaning we already did. I explained how the furnace actually needed to be fixed due to a broken part, and that the tub drain had to be unclogged, etc. However, she didn’t seem to acknowledge one word of what I was saying, yet alone apologize.

Instead, she repeated how she already had the placed cleaned before we arrived and that she had pictures. I don’t know what she could have pictures of, but I certainly know there are no pictures of a clean toilet, clean sinks, clean tub, clean bathroom floor, clean kitchen floor, empty trash cans, clean refrigerator, clean stove, clean mattress, etc., etc.!

I told her there was no way she could have any legitimate pictures of these things actually being clean. Besides this, you can’t take pictures of the stench. If you could smell it, it would be worth a thousand words.

During that call I told her that I would like to be refunded the remaining amount for the lease (we were only 10 days into the 30 day lease). I mentioned that we were willing to settle for only half of our money back, and that I would like to settle the situation quickly.

She told me the place was worth much more than we were paid her, because the hotel she manages (owned by her grandparents) rents out rooms for over $100 per night. After some more brief discussion, she told me she had to get off the phone because she had a personal matter to deal with. In the meantime, the three of us left to stay at my mother-in-law’s one bedroom apartment again. She didn’t call back.

When I tried calling again, the phone went to her answering machine saying that her "mailbox was full". Since I couldn’t leave a message, I text her and asked her to "Please call me when you get this". Finally, I tried calling again several days later and she answered abruptly. I explained the situation again, and she continued to insist that the apartment was cleaned. I also explained that due to the continued odor, the mattress needed to removed from the apartment, the carpets needed cleaning, and the couch needed to be removed or cleaned. I told her again that it was not cleaned when we arrived, that we had cleaned the place as much as we could, and that we had lost money, time, and health.

She then simply said I should see things from her point of view. She also told me she was not going to refund any of our money. When I tried to tell her again how we even had to seal the bedroom door with plastic bags to keep odor out, she hung up on me. Yup.

If we end up filing a case against her in small claims court, we will ask for the full amount owed to us, including court fees. In the meantime, we are re-working our living situation and just thankful to be out of that apartment.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family