13 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$449
PricelineUS$449
Hotels.comUS$449
BestWestern.comUS$449
Orbitz.comUS$449
Lol.travelUS$515
1,289 results
All reviews mackinac island room was clean within walking distance lakeside room beach access first floor lake view breakfast buffet great place to stay ferry tickets would stay here again indoor pool the breakfast area great room hot tub bw balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My room was next to the public beach on the ground level, the top security latch was broke and upon arrival the sliding glass door was unlocked. I felt very unsafe, it took 3 times to the office to get the door open.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank kathykeane1052
Jodi Klooster, Owner at Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While I found this hotel to be suitable for a weekend trip to Mackinaw, I found the customer service to be severely lacking. From check in to check out, I had about 4 encounters with the front desk staff and none of them were pleasant. At check in I was greeted by a cool toned employee that never smiled or made anyone feel welcome. I went to the desk to ask for a knife and was met with sarcasm and a cool tone. We were not given enough towels for all of the people in our room, and when I called to ask for more, I was told that I could come and get them from the front desk myself. At checkout I was not asked how our stay was, I was called over and told "Leave your room keys in the basket" in an annoyed tone and that was all she said to me until she handed me the receipt and said "You're all set". The staff could really use some training on customer service. I will say that the location of the hotel is quite nice. It is close to both ferry companies, as well as shopping and dining in Mackinaw City. However, I would pay more and go farther out before I would stay at this hotel again. If customer service is not important to you, then I would recommend this hotel as the location, pool, hot tub, and room were nice.

Room tip: If choosing a room overlooking Lake Huron, ask for a room more towards the middle.
1  Thank 92kristenj
Jodi Klooster, Owner at Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our 3rd floor room had a nice deck with two chairs and a small table facing the beach of Lake Huron. It was nice to be able to open the slider for fresh air and a view of the local boat piers and Mackinaw Island in the distance. Mackinaw bridge is NOT visible from this location. The room was comfortable and clean. The room has a nice TV and a refrigerator, but there was no microwave. The shower and toilet were inside the bathroom, but the sink was in the entry hall of the room which made it awkward to wash hands or privately groom. The rooms are all accessed in motel style with open air balconies. We visited in good weather, but this would be uncomfortable in bad weather, and there would be difficulty ensuring security for the rooms as all doors are open to the public from the parking lot. Our door would lock but the extra security latch was broken off. It is a long walk outside from the room to the reception desk for any needs such as coffee, towels, the bagged breakfast, or the pool. This Best Western is a great value with the right expectations. The location is perfect for a day trip to Mackinaw Island as the docks are very close. It is possible to walk a few blocks to the many tourist shops. The clean sandy beachfront was very nice with lots of lounge chairs and a patio. We would consider visiting this location again because of the economical room rates.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I will start this off that the ONLY good things about this hotel is the location and the price. This is one of the few times reviews and ratings were very far off the mark.
This grand dame needs a lot of TLC. Everything is outdated. We are a group of four older women traveling and security is important when staying in a room alone. We had four rooms with water view and patio doors to the beach. There are no sticks in the track or bar to keep intruders out. We did get room service but the patio doors in two units were left unlocked. 2 out of the 4 rooms were missing security latches. The hotel fixed one of them but was unable to get the second one done by evening. Our friends was offered another room but declined--so the hotel did try to cure that.
One of the other ladies swears someone took a shower in her room while we were away for the day. Her toiletries in the shower were open and her hair dryer settings were all changed.
There are nicer hotels in the area which are probably a bit more but we didn't like our two night stay there at all. I would spend a bit more for a place a lot safer and cleaner and newer.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 743cathyk

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

In regards to the security locks on the patio doors, it was explained to you that there is a bolted foot lever that secures the door on the floor including the dead bolt on the sliding door itself that keeps the door from being open from either side. It was also explained that without a specific key these deadbolts can not be opened. Not only did the hotel send maintenance and housekeeping to your entire groups rooms on several occasions, the staff also offered on multiple occasions to move you and your group to different accommodations including upgraded suites at no additional cost. However, with each offer you and your party declined any assistance or effort the hotel extended in an effort to make your stay more enjoyable and satisfactory.

Again, I do apologize that your stay was not to your satisfaction and I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is an older looking hotel but the location is the star. Our room had a balcony overlooking the small beach. It was nice to watch all the geese and seagulls, although the black bugs kept us from staying outside too long. Room was okay. Small coffee pot included. As others have written, you can get their grab and go breakfast or use the 2 for 1 buffet coupon at a restaurant across the street. We got the grab and go...muffin, yogurt, apple, water, and granola bar. Easy walk into town for lots of shops and eateries.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple