“Good Mexican Food”

El Charro of Macomb
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Macomb
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

As my title states the food is good but not great. This is coming from a Mexican though, so I know great Mexican food when I taste it. The service is good and the atmosphere is very good though it is a bit cramped but they make good use of the space considering the limited space. The renovations to the entrance make for a more comfortable waiting area. The seafood stuffed peppers states “crab meat” but it’s imitation crab meet, that should be stated in the menu.

1  Thank mnmike1

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Tried to go here once this fall but the wait was over an hour so we tried a different place down on Hall rd. Another couple asked if we wanted to go out to dinner with them and picked El Charo's as the place to go. Since we didn't go last time, we were excited to try it out and said yes. This time it was 35-45 minutes to wait! The place had people waiting outside .... and this was a cold Michigan December night! The food must be extraordinary! It's not. We were quite surprised at how 'normal' the meal was as far as flavor. I'm a fan of Mexican food while my wife isn't so much but I'd have to say that if this was my only exposure to it, I'd feel the same way. Maybe my expectations were built up too high. Again, the food was good but not worth the wait at all!

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Food was very good and wonderful service. Not too long of a wait since they have remodeled. Good spot

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

You wouldn't think it from the outside, non descript, plain, and even inside, just like any typical restaurant, but the food? Best Mexican around!

Often people judge the food from the looks of a place, while esthetics play a part in the total experience, most of the time, closing your eyes while you take a bite is the best thing to do. El Charro has always been very good, it's stable, no matter what the decor.

Close your eyes and take a bite!

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

This place is always packed! My husband and I learned about kids eating free on Sundays with any adult dinner purchase and decided to check it out. The food is to die for/ beware if you visit this establishment you will become a regular. Also be advised that they recently renovated and there is more seating capacity but less room for waiting customers. If you plan on visiting call ahead for a reservation it will save you some standing time. This place is worth any wait. Try the Sangria, I have out of town family that make a stop every visit; it's that good.