“Good Asian Food Buffet lots of Uncooked & Cooked Sushi in an old Strip Shopping Center”

Fuji Japanese Buffet
Ranked #11 of 129 Restaurants in Madison Heights
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Was on vacation in a Hotel in area. Staff suggested Fuji as good Asian food. Place is quite large and a large crowds on Friday supper service. Food was being brought out all the time. So hot and fresh. Full Bar and several Saki and Beer choices. Red wine wife ordered was old, and extremely bad to taste. She should have sent back. Lesson, probably never order red wine from a Asan food place...

Weekend nights, Adults 12 and up pay $25.99/person and children 2-11 pay about $2/year? So my just turned 12 yo payed what we paid but ate no seafood or fresh sushi. My 7 year old paid $14 and change. Both ate mostly noodles and rice off one of the many bufett steam tables and steamed veggies. They have signs posted on front door, sushi bar, other places not to waste their susi or other food as if you throw good food away they will add $10 to your tab. I warned kids to go back as mush as they like but only take what they knew they could eat. I notices a large variety of dishes and salads and of course crabs and (chopped up lobsters) at the rear next to Noodle Soup Station was where lobster being dished up by staff as they limit you to each trip back.

I tried a piece of sushi I had never seen before. Some uncooked and some cooked.
All varieties but very interested in colorful caviar sushies, fresh salmon and tuna, etc. I am not a sushi eater but this experience was a good opportunity to try new dishes not seen at other "Americanized" Janpanese & Chinese places. I mix up my own hot an spicey sauce to my taste but all was very tasty.

Lots and lots of regulars, had their crab shell bucket on the table and seemed to be there a long time grazing...lots of Asian families dining out at this place if it tells you it must be pretty good food.

Dirty men's room. Would not reccomend taking your child in there if you can help it. Someone messed it up and no staff was in there to clean it up even after I reported it. Hope the kitchen was cleaner.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

My husband's favorite is buffet & this place surpasses even the ones in New York City or in Thailand or in the Philippines~ for us this is the best. The food are all fresh, friendly atmosphere, thought they could use more lighting. Every time we go to Detroit, we never miss Fuji, always welcoming us with open arms!

Reviewed 20 February 2017

This is my first review and probably my last review for this restaurant. I used to love this buffet and go there three or four times a year only for special occasions. I love all you can eat "crab legs" and am happy to pay more for that. But...something changed tonight. I stopped by with my friends and very excited to go back. Then I realized that there's no more all you can eat crab legs at the buffet. Why? Because there's someone served you crab legs instead. They limited 2 legs per person...and said you can get more later. OK. Good enough. But after waiting for a while, finally they refilled the crab legs tray and this time limited only one leg! ......
Saturday night...with limited crab legs and no lobsters elsewhere but paid for $23.99!! (exclude tax + tip)....I don't care much about other Chinese foods they offered...too much MSG. You knew when you left that place, you would be very very very thirsty!!... I should have read the previous reviews before going there. If I knew this change, I would not drive for an hour to get there. Really disappointed!! ...I hope my review will be useful for some people. If you are crab legs lover, I don't recommend this place at all. This place is getting worse. I won't definitely go back again!!

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Lunch at Fuji Buffet was just great. Arrived just after 11:00 in the morning and was perfect for a quiet lunch. The fresh food was coming out, dish after dish and everything was very fresh and hot. The variety is fantastic, with many Chinese and Japanese dishes, hot and cold. If Sushi is what you love, then this is the place for you, with about 20 items to choose from, either California rolls and many items with raw seafood too. Not for the budget minded, as lunch price is about $15.00, but as I said, the variety is fantastic.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I was amazed when a waitress handed me and envelope stapled to a receipt from my last visit, she said they mistakenly over charged me on a earlier visit, Now that is honesty