“Nice Sashimi”

Fuji Japanese Buffet
Ranked #11 of 126 Restaurants in Madison Heights
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped in with my wife for dinner. The Sashimi was really good. They have a nice selection of sushi, both cooked and raw. There is also a soup station where the guy can make all kinds of Asian soup varieties.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

This place was very good few years ago, but today's visit is the last one as the place has changed the the price went up, the all you can eat crab is limited to one per plate so is the lobster that was cut up in pieces and you can't tell it's lobster, the food is not good and the staff is not very friendly . I'll never ever again waste my money on this place as there are much better places deserve my money .

2  Thank Tbs313
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Came here for a business going away luncheon for a coworker.

We were seated right away and brought drinks very quickly. The interior decor is what I would expect from a Japanese restaurant; paper lanterns, bamboo, etc. But the place appeared very clean and well maintained, so that was pleasant.

There is a very large selection of sushi, and other food as well. I had a hard time deciding to be honest. I wanted to take one of everything, but there is signage warning patron to not waste food and especially sushi. So I was conservative in my selections, but of course this being a buffet I could return for more later (which I did).

Don't be put off by the "don't waste food signs". Really. I was a little surprised at first, but think about it. They want to keep prices low (and for lunch, it is a great deal). The only way they can really do that is by limiting the amount of wasted food. So I get it. I get the signs and the requests to not waste the food. Take what you can eat and if you want more you can return and pick up more.

Anyway, it's not super intimate so if you are looking for a quiet spot for a date, you might be hard pressed to find it here, but the prices are good, the selection is awesome, and the food quality is up to par. Would definitely come back again!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Was on vacation in a Hotel in area. Staff suggested Fuji as good Asian food. Place is quite large and a large crowds on Friday supper service. Food was being brought out all the time. So hot and fresh. Full Bar and several Saki and Beer choices. Red wine wife ordered was old, and extremely bad to taste. She should have sent back. Lesson, probably never order red wine from a Asan food place...

Weekend nights, Adults 12 and up pay $25.99/person and children 2-11 pay about $2/year? So my just turned 12 yo payed what we paid but ate no seafood or fresh sushi. My 7 year old paid $14 and change. Both ate mostly noodles and rice off one of the many bufett steam tables and steamed veggies. They have signs posted on front door, sushi bar, other places not to waste their susi or other food as if you throw good food away they will add $10 to your tab. I warned kids to go back as mush as they like but only take what they knew they could eat. I notices a large variety of dishes and salads and of course crabs and (chopped up lobsters) at the rear next to Noodle Soup Station was where lobster being dished up by staff as they limit you to each trip back.

I tried a piece of sushi I had never seen before. Some uncooked and some cooked.
All varieties but very interested in colorful caviar sushies, fresh salmon and tuna, etc. I am not a sushi eater but this experience was a good opportunity to try new dishes not seen at other "Americanized" Janpanese & Chinese places. I mix up my own hot an spicey sauce to my taste but all was very tasty.

Lots and lots of regulars, had their crab shell bucket on the table and seemed to be there a long time grazing...lots of Asian families dining out at this place if it tells you it must be pretty good food.

Dirty men's room. Would not reccomend taking your child in there if you can help it. Someone messed it up and no staff was in there to clean it up even after I reported it. Hope the kitchen was cleaner.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

My husband's favorite is buffet & this place surpasses even the ones in New York City or in Thailand or in the Philippines~ for us this is the best. The food are all fresh, friendly atmosphere, thought they could use more lighting. Every time we go to Detroit, we never miss Fuji, always welcoming us with open arms!