Yeti Mountain Home Phakding(Sagarmatha National Park)
US$129
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstrek to everest base campcommon roomheated blanketsama dablamstayed herethe ownertea housedining roomhot watercostlhotserivendellhospitalityforestensuitetengbochebedroom
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

In Rivendell Lodge you have the choice between nice standart bedrooms or luxurious rooms with attached bathroom, heated blankets and charging bank in the room!
The view is amazing you can see Nuptse, Everest, Lhotse and Ama Dablam from the dining room, terasse and most of the rooms! The food is great and best of all the owner and staff are so friendly and treat you with warm Sherpa hospitality!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Maja D
Reviewed 15 June 2017

All the tearooms on the way to Everest Base Camp are, frankly, all pretty average to say the least. Some are marginally better than others; some worse.
Rivendall Lodge is in Deboche, which is not far away from Tengboche, where the big Monastery is. However, I understand that the cost is slightly less than staying in Tengboche itself.
We stayed here twice - once on the way to EBC and once on the way back. It was overcast and raining when we first arrived and we couldn't see much. It was only the next morning that we saw that we were surrounded by mountain peaks.
It has an entry foyer, where you can shed your gear, and then you take your boots off and leave them off for walking around the lodge (they provide you with plastic sandals).
The dining room is quite nice with a great looking bar (which we hit up on the return journey). Don't try to bring in your own grog - the owner gets quite irate.
Our room was pretty good, considering, and even had an ensuite (though the shower was cold). Some rooms seem better than others.
The food was pretty good.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Since this place is one of the better lodges in the region, it was overly busy in this peak month and that seems to have affected the attitude of the staff and owner.

I have stayed here on previous hikes and had loved the attached rooms with shower etc. The prices are quite steep for these rooms but worth it.

Onward, I couldn't get attached rooms and stayed in common rooms. The bathrooms soon became dirty thanks to a bunch of school kids.

I wasn't given the good common room on first floor even though I arrived before 1 pm. Another Caucasian hiker who arrived at 5 pm was given the same (I had suggested he stay here). I honestly didn't like this treatment towards brown people.

The dining hall was super crowded but food service was smooth. When I requested for a slightly late dinner (7:15 pm), I was told by owner that either I eat at 7 pm or go hungry.

Return, I did get the attached room and since the lodge wasn't full, the service was exponentially better. And even the owner was nicer in her interactions

They provide electric blankets in attached rooms and it's simply awesome. Bathroom was clean and had hot water even in mornings. The common loo next to my room was a bit of a nuisance in the day time but all was quiet at night

Recommend you call ahead and book yourself a room given its popularity now a days.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank IQKaur
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Coming across the Rivendell on our trek was a very good boost to our flagging systems!

Clean hot showers, spotless attached bathrooms and even heated blankets meant we all had a fantastic nights sleep and were able to recharge our batteries ahead of the remainder of our Everest trek

Very highly recommended!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Factsnotfiction71
Reviewed 20 February 2017

As I am doing this trip without AGENCY I can choose type of hotel and type of room I want.

I just hired porter(Karma) directly (by texting and phone call) with reference from my friend who went with him in 2015.

He asked me initially that what kind of room I want to stay during EBC trekking and now he was aware that I was looking for attach bath with hot water.!! So he picked this one and I was again satisfied with his pick.

If you go through agency you will not get all this facilities as agency wants to make maximum profit. (naturally).

I got room with everest view, attach bath & toilet with hot water (24 hours) and electric blanket.!! (this is last place I took shower and after that I took shower in Namche Bazar after 6 days).

Double bed room was clean and have extra power outlet to charge your phone.!!

This kind of room don't cost that much if you compare rates with US or Europe. It cost me $30 in November. Might be little more in peak season.

Food was great and not that expensive if you consider facilities you get at this much elevation.

Also staff members are clean and manage hygiene while cooking and serving.

If anyone need more info about doing EBC solo (without agency) let me know.

Room Tip: ask for everest view room.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo