“Great Service/Not Great Food ”
Review of Red Rooster Tavern

Red Rooster Tavern
Ranked #43 of 225 Restaurants in Muskegon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Disappointing. Meat Loaf Sandwich was ok. Nachos were short on cheese and mediocre at best. Didn't care for the Rooster Balls or Onion Rings. Drinks were weak. Head "into town" for better food.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Stopped by for lunch on a Sunday and we both had sandwiches. The food was average, but it was a pretty drive out in the country. The service was good. DO NOT miss the home made potato chips. The bloody mary's looked great, but did not try one.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

First off, I am a local and have known this place for many years, through a couple different owners. The Rooster has always been a nice little place that is off the beaten path. Worth the stop for a beer but there are better dining options in the area. I brought my kids here a short time after the new owners took over and had an OK experience. The portions were small for price and the food was mediocre at best. It was busy so I chalked it up as transition phase.

My kids and I stopped back yesterday and things have not improved. I ordered a patty melt which is usually a hamburger on rye with caramelized onions. This had no onions and they added mushrooms. I paid $2 extra for sweet potato fries & the portion was small. Secondly, my daughter ordered caesar wrap. A lot of tortilla with not much chicken. It was DOUSED with dressing and tasted like a salt lick (she didn't finish). My son said his hamburger was OK.

Service was average with one waitress. It started getting busier before we left and I did hear one gentlemen have to tell her they were ready to order after waiting for a bit.

This is my hometown and I would love to see this place flourish but they have to step it up a bit.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Super friendly, recommended to me, establishment that certainly delivered. I could tell you about the tasty burger I had, or the delicious salad, maybe the awesome cider and the brilliant, regular music. But I think more than all of that great stuff, it was the friendly welcome from the engaging staff and the locals that I experienced that drove me back and it created a special memory this visit. Thank you from a very satisfied English visitor and Cheers.☺
Jono Kinsey.

1  Thank Jono K
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped by during our road trip. We had chicken burrito and the famous Jack Daniels Burger.
The burrito was huge, too big for my girlfriend to eat alone on herself. Tasted great and fresh.

I had the Jack Daniels Burger. It was delicious and very different than any chain-food stuff. Great quality of the beef paddy - thick, juicy and medium/well-done. Definitely worth to go there n have a great meal.

Prices were average: burgers from $ 8,50-10

The waiter was really nice dude.

1  Thank Christian R