Muskegon Heights Inn & Suites
Seaway Motel(Muskegon)
  • Pool
Belaire Motel(Muskegon)
View Hotel
AmeriHost Inn Muskegon(Muskegon Heights)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Our family decided attend the Shoreline Jazz festival in short notice and this was the only hotel available that we were familiar with the name. We upgraded to suites thinking that the rooms would be a little more than standard. Boy were we wrong. This hotel is extremely outdated. It looks like there haven't been any updates since the 70's. The carpet is old, lumpy and looks unclean. The furniture is very worn and stall. The rear view consist of a broken camper and weeds. We were very disappointed to say the least. Please do not stay here!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Clarence B
Reviewed 19 August 2016

The room looked nice online. When I called to make the reservation the lady made the room sound absolutely gorgeous! In all reality it was a decent price, but in a bad neighborhood! There were all kinds of troubled looking people hanging outside at night of the hotel, I actually felt unsafe. The room was a good size; but looked old and a big patch in the carpet that needed a whole overhaul! The "free breakfast" was horribly disorganized and dirty looking! When I went to reach for a cup for my juice; there was a big long hair hanging on the outside of all the cups! We did not stay to eat breakfast after that! We were disappointed with the Red Roof Inn and there quality!

Room Tip: Spend a little more money and choose a nicer hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank rvmoore7
Reviewed 17 August 2016

The room smelled like mildew and there was blood, or something that looked like it, splatter on the exterior of the bathroom door. If it hadn't been so late, I would have turned around and left. There was hair on the bathroom floor and in the tub. The beds were marginal at best - at least the sheets appeared to be clean. First time I'd stayed at a Red Roof Inn in years, and I won't be trying them again any time soon if I can help it. Nasty.

Room Tip: Skip it entirely.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank bonzai85
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

My Dad and I normally go to the Christian Music Festival in Muskegon at around this time, and we normally stay at Red Roof. But this time, was definitely the worse time I've ever spent in a hotel. It literally needs Hotel Impossible from Travel Channel to come. We paid for a deluxe room, the front desk said they gave us a standard room, and they said they would "make it look real pretty"... yeah, right. When we got there, the staff were fighting at the front desk about who's room they were suppose to clean, and when I got to my room, it was cracked open with no one in it.. Thought that was a tad creepy. We wanted a fridge and microwave, which we paid for to have in the room, and they said "it would be there eventually", so they came with a dusty table and brought it in and set in there. The phone system was broken, due to a "storm that happened last week", okay but I've watched the weather and it hasn't rained in 2 weeks, which that was a great excuse on there half, but so if there was an emergency and I would have had to call front desk or even 911, no can do. More issues? Well of course there were! There were no towels for us at all when we got there and we went to stop at the front desk to tell them... the guy tried to hand it to us to save him a trip to the room, but we had to go. The entire hotel needs a renovation, and we always skip breakfast because they have bagels and cereal. Nothing else really fresh available in the morning. I definitely know this is probably our final rodeo at this place. Stay at the Holiday Inn in town, you probably will have better luck and it may be more expensive, but it'll be worth it. And if you do stay here, I'm sorry.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank t2014michigan
Reviewed 5 August 2016

As a guest I was very impressed on how the front desk Clerk handled being in a situation dealing with a deaf guest! Even though it was hard to understand my husband, Stasia did a great job in making us feel welcomed and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple