Manoir de Kergrec'h
Hotel les Agapanthes(Ploubazlanec)
All reviewscrepescoastlinebedroomhostbreakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2016

Lovely old manor house in a beautiful situation. Good walking along the GR34 coastal path from the bottom of the garden or easy access to Treguier and other local attractions. Owner very helpful in booking restaurants etc. Our bedroom was OK - certainly not luxurious with a shower unit in the room behind a screen. Bed comfortable but terrible squeaky floorboards which meant a lot of noise from ajoining rooms. Lack of storage space - just a wardrobe with a couple of hangers and not even a coat hook for outside coats etc. Breakfast good if expensive.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank quantockm
Reviewed 16 September 2015

My husband and I stayed here recently, sadly it was only for one night. I can't wait for the opportunity to return. The Manoir was renovated five years ago by the charming owner to the highest possible standard. We arrived early and were shown our room. When we returned to change and go out for dinner there was no one around, and when we came back, again no one in sight which all seemed a little strange. I didn't matter at all and we were extremely comfortable in our room which was beautifully and simply furnished with a very large bathroom/dressing room. Breakfast was served in the dining room at a large table shared with the other guests. If I have any criticism at all, the breakfast was not up to the high standard of the Manoir, and there was a charge for it. We visited at the end of summer, but we could see that there were lovely areas to sit outside and the grounds are really beautiful, leading down to the sea.

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed 23 August 2015

Nice Manoir to stay when you plan to visit the cote granite rose. The house is well preserved and renovated, a carefull balance between old and modern elements. It is surrounded by a large park, the forest behind borders directly to the sea. However the coast is not that attractive. The rooms offer all the comfort required and are clean. The location is a remote area, it takes some time to go there and one has to drive over a lot of small streets. There are not many high class restaurants around, so it is best to contact the hotel early enough to ask if they can make reservations. They are very helpful to organize it.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2015

We are staying here with our 3 children, having come all the way from New Zealand to experience the Plougrescant coastline. (I spent 2 summers in the region when I was younger and fell in love with it, and the love for the area has never left me; so I wanted to show my family.)

We found Manoir de Kergrech on the internet and thought that the reviews were good, so we may as well try it.
Well, it is amazing. The mind boggles on what they must have spent to restore it; and I certainly would have kept a few more original features - but there are original features aplenty like old wooden beams and the stone staircase in the tower. It imbues an amazing sense of history with modern comfort.

The breakfast was beyond amazing: my kids' eyes were out on stalks at the deliciousness of the crepes and the authentic baguettes with butter and nutella. We laughed to see NZ golden kiwifruit in the fruit bowl, though!

The grounds are amazing, too. There are ruins to explore, like an un-used kitchen garden with fruit tress that must have once been espaliered up the sides but now grow wild.
There is a circle of agapanthus, like a fairy circle. At first, I rolled my eyes and thought "how twee!" but we have spent so much time sitting in there as a family, soaking up the peace and contentment.

This place has it all: Old woods filled with oaks, lovely lawns, views of the sea and elegant architecture. To top it off, the hosts and charming and eager to help.

(My only quibble is that the beds have polyester duvets and pillows instead of feather ones...but that is definitely a pet peeve of mine. The mattresses could also be of higher quality; but as this is run by a couple and not a hotel chain, I really cannot quibble!) All else is really lovely. Our rooms are spacious and comfortable and we wish we were able to stay more than 2 nights.

Room Tip: There is free wifi downstairs. As for rooms, they are all charming beyond belief.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Quack_quack_quackl
Reviewed 4 July 2015

Mix of old manor furniture and modern confort. Very charming and comfortable.
From the room, we could admire the beautiful garden and a little bit of the sea.
Nearby, we can walk on sea beaches and rockies paths.
Owners are nice, gentle, and helpful. They can give you good restaurants adresses.
Breakfast could be a little finer (generic mark for some products...but good apple and orange juices)

Room Tip: ask for nice view as it is an old castle, from some rooms, noise from next room can be heard but not very disturbing.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family