“Non-ventilated and smelly! Service not good!”

David's Delicatessen
Ranked #12 of 48 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Plan on smelling like a grilled sandwich for the rest of your day because I guess the place has no ventilation. Also, the service is not friendly whatsoever. Tables were dirty. Not to mention, the options for sandwiches were very slim. Not impressed!

1  Thank Anna S

Reviewed 27 January 2018

My wife and I stopped in for lunch on a quiet Friday afternoon. We were greeted warmly and as we looked over the menu I noticed a breakfast Reuben sandwich (open face sandwich with rye bread at the base, corned beef, over easy egg, sauerkraut, and thousand island dressing). Despite the fact that it was 1:30 in the afternoon they offered to make the sandwich for me. My wife had the corned beef and cabbage soup. We both thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We stopped here for lunch based on reviews and were not disappointed. We tried heir signature broccoli salad and reuben sandwich and are both excellent. My turkey sandwich was piled high with meat and all the ingredients were deliciously fresh. Well worth the stop if you are in the area.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

We were heading in the direction of the Stray Dog, but with thjs street and parking full ended up at David's. Great find! It's a cozy cafe and delicatessen with interesting vegetarian and vegan offerings among the Reubens. My fella traveller had homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese. She said the soup was delicious. I had a sandwich on rye that contained brussel sprouts, apples and sweet potato hummus among other items. I loved it. I left with an Americano. The coffee was both life reviving and good.

Found the leaf as we left. Seemed like a good omen as we'd just crossed into Michigan, even if it didn't come with an upper peninsula.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We had two very pleasant visits to David's. The coffee is good. The service is very friendly and efficient. We recommend David's and will return o our next visit to New Buffalo.