“Great Food!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

This has been one of my favorites places to have brunch or lunch for the past few years. I have yet to have a bad meal. It's a casual atmosphere and Jackie is so friendly. You can tell she takes pride in her food. My favorites: eggs benedict, blueberry French toast, egg sandwhich. Breakfast is only half of the menu. The sandwiches, soups, and salads are great as well. I just cannot resist the breakfast portion of the menu. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I loved my veggie filled crepe with warm lettuce salad and fruit but my husband who like standard bacon and egg breakfast was not impressed. Said sausage was extra salty and hash browns tasted odd.
Service not good either.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Jackie's was highly recommended from our Cape Cod friends that visit the Lakeside area. So many choices....I had the Frittata---the daily offering was asparagus and feta. It was served with an arugula salad, sun-dried tomatoes drizzled with an olive oil vinaigrette dressing and a couple pieces of fruit. The Tropical Iced Tea was not real fruity but just enough.
My husband had Eggs Benito which had jalapeno corn bread, ham, poached eggs and jalapeno cheese sauce. Delish!!!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

This little gem is owned by Jackie Shen a former owner of Jackie's in Lincoln Park in Chicago.I tried the blueberry french toast. Very nice.....and surprisingly light. My husband had one of the "make your own" scramblers. Again well done and more than adequate. Other choices included quiche, oatmeal, homemade granola parfait, and much more. Lunch choices have an Asain flair such as ginger shrimp salad, Chinese noodle salad, and Ahi tuna to name a few.

The building itself is unassuming and one could say basic inside. There is a lovely outside patio which is a great place to sit on warm days. Looking forward to going back soon and trying a "chocolate bag" for dessert.

During the summer season New Buffalo cafes get quite busy. There may be a short wait.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We've been going to Jackie's during our annual visit to New Buffalo for 5 years or so. It's always a pleasure to visit. She has a great standard menu, and everything seems to be made from scratch!

Jackie's great with handling our Son's multiple food allergies, and her staff is always a pleasure.

The preserves she sells are amazing! I just wish she was also open for dinner!