“Classic Tavern”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

This small, quaint tavern, located in the Leelanau Peninsula about 40 minutes north of Traverse City, was packed on this snowy, February Saturdsy night. Seating is limited to approx. 75 people, & every seat was filled. The burgers, cod, & walleye were all delicious, the waitstaff very friendly & attentive. This place truly exudes that "Up North" tavern feel! Two thumbs up.

1  Thank Borntotravel365

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Classic "Up North" bar with good food. Known for its burgers but the chicken and fried appetizers are great too. Believe it or not they have a very good side salad with excellent homemade dressings. The house peppercorn ranch is my favorite

2  Thank WRDDS63
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

This was our second off-season visit. It was a December Sunday afternoon and there were a grand total of 3 tables occupied. The service was very good. My wife ordered a burger and I had the Ruebin. We also had a cup of their lobster bisque.

The burger was quite good, the Ruebin was ok (I have been spoiled by Lachaym in Beulah). The bisque was tasty, but a bit salty. In Leelanau County, there is not many restaurants open in December, so there is not much competition. There are other choices, but they tend to be much more expensive. The restaurant is dark inside, but is warm on a cold day and the coffee is hot and was topped off two or three times. We will be back on our next winter visit.

1  Thank brianhH5461XT
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Serving are generous and the food is average, but the overall experience wonderful. I can see why the locals and visitors love this restaurant. The overall atmosphere is perfect for Up North. Our waitress was very good and everyone was very friendly. We will return next year.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We visited Fischer’s as we were told it was a town favorite. It has the potential to be very good. We visited when they were really busy and that might reflect why dinner was subpar. I read reviews on their burger so promptly ordered when we sat down. I had to send it back three times for being undercooked. The waitress was lovely about it and very apologetic (not her fault at all). However one women whom was washing tables and sitting people asked us how we were doing(am assuming manager?). We explained the burger issue and she said “okay”, grabbed the burger and took it back. Never saying anything and never returned to the table. But again, they were busy and she must have felt some pressure. The rest of my family enjoyed their meal. I’d at least give it a shot (on a slow night) when we are back in town.