“My new favorite”
Review of Motovino Cellars

Motovino Cellars
Ranked #6 of 11 things to do in Northport
More attraction details
Owner description: Northport's only wine-tasting room, offering seven Motovino Cellars wines, each crafted from Leelanau Peninsula fruit (okay ,truth be told, the table wines are blends and have some other northern Michigan grapes as well). Thumper and Cafe are the dry, and semi-dry Rieslings, Cruiser our un-oaked Chardonnay. The table wines are Dream (white) and F-Head (red). And finally, we have the fruit wines, our Scooters, in Cherry and Peach. Even if you don't typically like fruit wines, we think you might be pleasantly surprised by these.
Reviewed 5 May 2015

I grew up in the Northport area and have been to every winery (starting as soon as I got my driver's license and could drive my mom, aunt and grandfather around) so I was please a couple of years ago to find a new tasting room in my second hometown. They have since moved but the feel is the same and I love the little market they have for gourmet and hard to find items.
As for the wine I tend to prefer whites over red and their Rose is one of the best. My mom likes the "scooters" of fruit wines. One of the coolest aspects of Motovino is the lables and wine names - my sister's BF is a motorcycle enthusiast so I serve Motovino whenever they come over and he keeps the bottle for display.

Reviewed 20 October 2014

The wine tasting is in a small room. The wines are good, we bought a couple. If you get there early (we got there near closing) you could get a wine and meat platter to go with you wine. Definitely check this place out.

1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed 12 September 2014 via mobile

Over the years we've been to almost all of the wineries in the Leelanau Peninsula and our experience at Motovino was probably the best. Joy was a pleasant host and explained about her wine and also had s few simple food items to pair with the wine. Salami, cheese, and chocolate covered cherries. The wine and the atmosphere were great and we'll be back.

2  Thank TRbeer
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My sister and I stopped in this new winery and loved everything we tasted. Eric was so pleasant and knowledgeable about the wines. My favorites were the red table wine and the dry Riesling. We wished that we would have had longer to stay and experience the ambiance of the building, the gourmet snacks and a bottle of wine. This winery is worth the stop!!

2  Thank Longbasket
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This fabulous little spot just opened last summer -- and what a delightful addition to the Northport scene! We especially loved the non-oak aged Chardonnay and the unusual pastas from Ohio. The owners were very engaging and well-informed about all their products. They sell a special ice cream that by itself is worth a stop!!

1  Thank whynothavefun