“Excellent Jamacian food”
Review of Kingston Kitchen

Kingston Kitchen
Ranked #80 of 120 Restaurants in Okemos
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Description: Visit Kingston Kitchen for chef-driven, modern Jamaican cuisine made from scratch with quality ingredients in Okemos, Michigan!
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Took me back to Jamacia. The meal was excellent. This is the kinda of restaurant that Lansing area needs. Skip the chains and try this place. You will love it.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Pleasant atmosphere. They need some time to work out the glitches. I was waited on quickly and food came within a reasonable time. Jerk Chicken was fine. Others around me had waited for more than an hour and a half for their food. Some still did not get right order. Guess its Jamaican style. Waitresses need to take more control by making sure orders get priority. I think this place will fix issues and get it right.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We visited this new eatery and we were very pleased with the taste of our order. We had to wait about 20 mins for our carryout and it was missing an item of one of our dishes. The staff are new and still learning about menu items. Staff is very friendly and food was very good... Prices are a little on the high end.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

For dinner, my bride tried this the new Jamaican restaurant which is the closest to our home. She had the jerk chicken and I was adventuresome and ordered the goat dish. Having eaten Cue (Guinea Pig) in Peru, why not? Both dishes were OK but not being Jamaican experts, hard to critique. I would not order the goat again as it was like a mild beef stew. It was chopped meat and chopped bone, likely shoulder. I kept pulling bones out of my mouth. Waitress forgot to bring the plantain until we reminded her near the end of the meal. No liquor is served, maybe waiting on a license. They offered some unfamiliar beverages but did not want a full bottle and the calories so stuck with tea. It was freshly brewed but not offered a sweetener. Servers were friendly and will give the restaurant another try, maybe lunch. Best wishes for their success and kudos for taking on the risk of a new restaurant.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Out of plantains, didn't make any red beans and rice yet, no seasonal vegetables. So if you order an entree, Sides are all American starches like French fries. I wanted to leave. Husband wanted to try jerk chicken so we stayed but I declined an entree had a salad. I can get French fries anywhere. Was looking forward to trying authentic Jamaican. Entries are $12 to $16 and traditional sides not available, not impressed even if new. Hamburgers looked good but the meat is from Gordon Foods. For that kind of money I'm going to get a burger from a place that has better meat. Something not from Sysco or Gordon's.

Kudos for serving water in glass, not plastic. No alcoholic beverages just an FYI. Nice view of trees, nice decor, great presentation.

My side salad lettuce was fresh.

The jerk chicken entree was dry, over cooked. Tiny chicken leg one little bite of meat. Part of back or neck couldn't tell, no meat. Then part of of thigh. Way too little meat for the price. The Balammy sp? Is heavy tasteless spongy deep fried bread. One of the few sides available. Took one bite spit it out.

We won't be back.

Hubby says jerk taste was very sad didn't taste real at all.