“A Quality Restaurant”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We've eaten several times at Bistro 1882. We like to go here for special occasions. The menu is varied and interesting. The food has been very well prepared and tasty. The deserts are A-1. The service is very friendly but a trifle slow. The restaurant is in an interesting old building and has atmosphere. This is our favourite dining spot in Port Huron.

3  Thank vagabondoug

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I was here a few years ago on another business trip and remembered how good it was then. This trip I was looking for the same friendly service and excellent french style food. I was not disappointed as the crab-stuffed filet was tender with every bite and the flavors were melded well and deliciously rich. This was one of the few times I completely finished my plate and even the mini-loaf of freshly baked bread. The server has been there many years and was proud to extol the rich history of both the building and the restaurant itself. I will be disappointed if they move to a new location downtown but I guess that is in the plans.

1  Thank dreinker
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Great desserts and martinis. Small dining room, but good food.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was not our first visit to 1882 and it was also excellent food - good selection, good preparation, etc. - and good service. What else should a restaurant provide ?

2  Thank jaunty5
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We read about this restaurant and booked a table for our one night stay at the nearby Thomas Edison Inn (about a five minute walk away).

The decor is charming and very pleasant, and the service was excellent.

The food was not bad, but not as good as I had hoped. My duck was so overwhelmed by the overdose of raspberry sauce that I could hardly taste it. I was also somewhat surprised that it arrived less than ten minutes after I ordered it, which suggests it was prepared in advance and reheated (perhaps I am being unfair here, but that's what I felt). My wife's pork was very good, although the quantity was huge and she couldn't eat it all (about four times as much as you would get in a French bistro). The appetizers were good, as were the house wines by the glass.

Perhaps my expectations were too high. Nevertheless it was overall an enjoyable experince and we know of nowhere else nearby that is as good.

Unless there are new developments, we would eat here again and commend the owners for being so adventurous to open a bistro in this place.