“Great Location”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I drove through Port Huron a few years ago and saw Bistro 1882. I thought the building looked good but unfortunately it was open at the time. On this visit I took the long way driving from Rochester NY back to Chicago hoping 1882 would be open. It took me a while to find it 'cos it wasn't where I remembered it to be. I was in luck, it is a good spot for a rest and a bite to eat on a long drive. Ignoring that the coffee wasn't that great, the food and service was excellent. I took a good two hours over my meal while it was quite busy and I didn't feel that I was ever being rushed.

Date of visit: June 2013

Reviewed 13 February 2013

We are long time patrons of the Bistro! We love it and when ever we get a chance to drop in we always do even if it is just for a quick drink and snack! The food is always great, seriously have never had a bad meal!! The service is 10++ and the location is amazing! We love Port Huron and the entire Blue Water Area!

Date of visit: January 2013
2  Thank Norm_and_Jenny
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My husband and I found this wonderful little restaurant in the AAA book while on vacation in MI. We visited the Lighthouse Park on the St.Clair River and noticed this was a nearby place for dinner. We were pleasantly surprised to find a lovely server to greet us and a super menu of gourmet foods we actually loved. We had the crabcake appetizer over corn relish, and petite filet mingon with asparagus, and a great dessert to top it off. I would definately recommend to all who pass thru Pt.Huron at dinner time to check it out. Located almost under the BlueWater Bridge to Canada. Great history about the building on the back of lunch menu .

Date of visit: September 2012
1  Thank LornaBeachwood_NJ
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We've eaten several times at Bistro 1882. We like to go here for special occasions. The menu is varied and interesting. The food has been very well prepared and tasty. The deserts are A-1. The service is very friendly but a trifle slow. The restaurant is in an interesting old building and has atmosphere. This is our favourite dining spot in Port Huron.

Date of visit: April 2012
3  Thank vagabondoug
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I was here a few years ago on another business trip and remembered how good it was then. This trip I was looking for the same friendly service and excellent french style food. I was not disappointed as the crab-stuffed filet was tender with every bite and the flavors were melded well and deliciously rich. This was one of the few times I completely finished my plate and even the mini-loaf of freshly baked bread. The server has been there many years and was proud to extol the rich history of both the building and the restaurant itself. I will be disappointed if they move to a new location downtown but I guess that is in the plans.

Date of visit: August 2012