All reviews renovated room hot tub the breakfast area choice hotels next morning big room new carpet definitely stay here again visit family front desk staff parking lot niagara falls continental breakfast great place to stay blue water bridge canada
Reviewed 12 August 2016

Best thing about this hotel is the staff -- everyone is very attentive to needs, and personable. Facility is clean and well cared-for. Our room had a sitting area which worked out well for visiting with old friends, at no additional cost. Location is about as close to the Blue Water Bridge to Canada as you can get.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Lets start off by saying my fiancé and I have stayed at this place hundreds of times through the last two years. So most of the staff know us as well as the "owner". My fiancé being a diamond member this is the only hotel of choice privledges that we received nothing upon checking in for status, meaning water, extra points, nuts and snacks ect like we have at other choice privledges hotels. We booked 3 rooms for 2 nights as my fiances parents and siblings were coming into town from Canada. Upon check in the rooms seemed neat and clean the first day. Breakfast in the morning was decent. We all went out for the day and got back to the hotel later that evening and all of our rooms were not cleaned at all. there was garbage from the night before on the floor, counters, and everywhere it had been left. Soap wrappers and soap and items were not replaced, neither were the towels. My fiances parents are in their mid nineties and their room still had all the mess and garbage and their beds were not even made. My fiancé and I had a Jacuzzi room and had to wash it out ourselves as it was not cleaned by the maid. The room was hot as the air conditioning did not work well so we called maintenance up who told us there was nothing wrong. We asked if they maybe had a fan but they didn't have that either. We hve never experienced such filth in this hotel before. We haven't stayed there in several months. They supposedly did all theis remodeling and hired several new staff who don't do their job yet they leave envelopes in the rooms for tips. Why in the world would we tip when I had to clean all three rooms myself. We went down to the front desk and talked to jack (who we have known for a couple years now from staying there). We told him everything and he said I want you to write all of this down so I can give this to the owner because this is wrong and we have been having trouble with the cleaning staff lately. I then spent 20 minutes writing a letter explaining what had gone wrong and included our names and a phone number. well that was July 1st through 3rd and we have yet to receive a call or letter or anything even apologizing for this. Its even worse because we know most of the people there including the owner. He has made no attempt to contact us and apologize as I believe he just don't care. I was embarrassed to say the least that I recommended this place for my fiances family to come and stay and they were appalled. We will NEVER stay at this quality inn again. To top it off, we didn't even get the points for the stay as they didn't put his membership info in. So about 750.00 later we had a horrible experience on top of no points. I have never experienced this from any other choice privledge hotel and I hope I never do. At the very least an apology would have been nice. The owners don't care about their customers happiness apparently and are In no way professional. Beware of this hotel if you enjoy clean rooms and air conditioning on hot days.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank simply12003
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

This is our go to spot to stay in Port Huron. My children love the indoor play ground, pool and hot tub. The rooms are clean and should you encounter a problem, we have in the past, just call down and they try to fix it up ASAP. It has a great location and the price is excellent for all the amenities.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2016

We stayed in May of this year for two days.The staff was very helpful and friendly during the whole stay.Our room was really nice and very clean and the bed was so comfortable.We especially loved the indoor jacuzzi-we used that about 4 times during our short stay.The hot breakfast was very good both mornings.The only things that was a minor inconvenience was that the side door was broken so we had to go through the front door to get to our room when the back parking lot and side door would have been more convenient.We would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2016

After a horrible experience at a place we had originally booked in Ann Harbor, my wife and I arrived at this hotel at 4 in the morning after up and leaving the Lamp Post Inn. After walking our of our reservations to the Lamp Post, we ended up at a Denny's at 2 am looking for another place to stay. I ended up calling this Quality Inn on the phone and talked to a very nice lady on the other end. I explained our circumstances and she offered us nice room with a king bed and went so far as to even give us a slight discount on the weekend rate.

We immediately left Ann Harbor and heading toward Port Huron. After our horrible experience that night, we were just praying that this place would be ok since it was late and we were very tired.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the lady we had spoken with on the phone. She was very friendly and welcomed us. She also gave us some information about amenities and some activities that were going on in the area that weekend. After checking in, we headed up to our room with our fingers crossed. Upon inspecting, we were very pleased. The room was a million times cleaner than the place we had left just a few hours prior. The bed was big and comfy too. Now, the room isn't anything super fancy, but it was clean and well kept, so we were happy.

Since we had arrived so late the night before, we did not get up that morning for breakfast, but we were able to try to breakfast out the next two days were were there. The breakfast was amazing. They had so much to choose from: Waffles, eggs, sausage, muffins, pastries, bagels, fruit, yogurt, cereal, and oatmeal. They also had a variety of fruit juices to drink and even coffee. It was a whole breakfast bar! We loved our breakfasts there.

Since we were pretty busy over the weekend, we didn't get to check out some of the other amenities around the hotel. They had a pool and hot tub which we thought we might use, but never got the chance. They also had a game room. It wasn't huge, but they did have a few arcade games and pinball machine. I could see where this could be fun to keep kids entertained for a bit.

All in all we had a great stay there this past weekend and would definitely stay there again. This place rescued us from a bad experience at another place, so we were very grateful that this hotel ended up being as nice as it was - and it was cheaper!

If you're looking for a place to stay in the Port Huron area that isn't too much, this place is it. Rooms are nice, breakfasts are great, and the staff is friendly. Can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: Clean rooms, great breakfast, friendly staff
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple