US$90
US$60
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

US$183
US$101
US$197
US$129
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

US$150
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

US$162
HIExpress.com
US$150
SleepInn
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$259
Traverse Bay Inn(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We got so lucky to do a road trip to Torch Lake without any plans and found this gem that had vacancy. During check in, Michelle, one of the owners who is so kind, explained some people book a year in advance, especially for the lake front room...and I understand why!!!! If you are able to get room 9 (8 looks awesome too)..take it!! The room over looks the channel where the boats pass through as well as the sand bar. The room has a fridge, microwave and coffee maker but lacks a decent sink. That is the ONLY thing I can find wrong. Room comes stocked with dishes so you are able to eat meals in the room. OR on one of the tables outside. They also have grills!!! This really is a family place, if you are looking for a place to have a reunion or just get a large group together, I highly recommend it. I don't know what the lawn rooms look like but I'm sure they are clean! I almost forgot to say how CLEAN the rooms are!!! Across the street is the marina as well as a party store that rents pontoon boats. We planned on doing so but it was too windy. I wish I could remember the name of the place..the owners are so nice!!! I cannot wait to book our room for next year for a week!!!

Room Tip: The lake front rooms are awesome but I bet they can get loud when the sand bar is busy. Rooms 8 and 9 have the best view of the lake/channel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ktrost
Reviewed 26 October 2013

There is something about Torch Lake and it's unique beauty that calls us back year after year. Northwind is a great way to experience the lake. The affordable and flexible accommodations offer you a great view and access to the lake. We really enjoy bringing our boat and exploring Torch along with the other accessable lakes. After a day on the water we enjoy relaxing while grilling on the lake side patio. Already made our reservations for 2014.

Room Tip: The lakeside rooms offer a great view of the water.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have been vacationing on Torch Lake since the mid 1980s. My family just loves it there and it is one of our absolute favorite vacation spots ! With that said, we have stayed at Northwind Resort for the past 20 years and have been there through several different owners and many updates. I have read all the reviews on this site and I am bothered by several that gave bad reviews and feel the need to defend this privately owned resort. There are a few things to remember when you stay here.
1) This is a privately owned and operated resort. The owners stay on site 90% of the time and many times have no where to lay their head except in their office. They have always been friendly and accommodating to me and my family.
2) I have searched around Torch Lake to compare pricing on other locations and have yet to find anywhere on the lake that is as affordable, has as many amenities, let alone is waterfront! These rooms SHOULD go for double of what's charged!!! However, the owners keep their prices significantly lower...for WATERFRONT rooms! What do I care if I have to take out my own trash?!
3) They have property rules, much like you would have at home. If you make a mess, clean up after yourself! Its like a community when you stay there. We have made lifelong friends of other families that stayed during the same week as my family. We try to make sure that we all have the best experience possible.
I love the fact that the rooms are efficiency style and that there are plenty of bbqs on the premises for cooking. We arrive on Saturdays and have no reason to leave the property for the whole week. We have all we need to make awesome family vacation memories year after year.
I have never had an issue with this resort, any of the owners or obviously the location. It is without doubt the best value on the lake. The owners clearly take pride in their investment and only ask that the guest that they allow to share in their "slice of heaven" do the same.
My family and I will continue to stay here and I will continue to spread the word about this Michigan Paradise !

Room Tip: My favorite is room 6 with small children or room 9 with big kids.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 12LisaK23
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My family has been renting from Northwind Resort for the last 20 years and we have worked with 4 different owners. The sisters that currently own Northwind have been the nicest and most welcoming. They are friendly, accommodating and make you feel like you are part of their family.

This is by far my family's family vacation spot. There is a beach area for younger kids to play and a swim platform for lounging. Most of the rooms have a fridge/stove/sink combination unit which makes it easy to make meals at the resort. This is a big plus for me and my family 7.

The owners make small updates each year. Over the years, I've seen them add internet, swim platform, ceiling fans, gas grills, fire pit, etc. all in response to customer input. They listen to what customers want and do their best to accommodate them.

The lake is beyond beautiful. This place is so close to the water that we can't help but be happy and in a good mood when we're there!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The resort is one of a kind on beautiful Torch Lake. We are boaters and you can dock right at the resort. All the amenities of home in most units, microwave, toaster, coffeepot, refridgerator, dishes ,nice picnic tables, grills and campfires. Nice to meet and interact with other families. Nothing like the stars above at night and water glistening from the sun in the day! The family run business is A+ very friendly owners. This was our third summer staying at Northwind Resort, always a great time and we will be back next year.

Room Tip: Book early, not to many units so availibility goes quick!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple