Northwind Resort Motel
US$230
US$221
US$180
SleepInn
Traverse Bay Inn(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$199
Pointes North Beachfront Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$289
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 October 2015

I would really like to keep this hidden gem all to myself! We stayed at Northwind Resort the first week of June, & could not have had a more positive experience. The location is perfect, it's on the Northwest tip of Torch Lake, near the Torch River Bridge & Marina. There are nine 1 bedroom efficiencies, three with water views. We loved our water view room, which was just steps from the water. Our room actually opened up to the deck & the dock. Each morning we would sit out on the spacious deck, in our PJ's, & watch the magnificent sunrise, while having our coffee. There are outdoor grills, a fire pit, a swing, & umbrella tables on the deck. Our room had a microwave, coffee maker...bring your own filters though; silverware, dishes, & bath towels are provided. It was easy to launch our kayak from the shore, or dock. Also, the location is great for day trips into Traverse City, Petoskey, Alden, & other nearby areas. The Dockside Restaurant is only a 15 minute drive. It is family owned, & we enjoyed meeting one of the sisters, Pamela, & her husband Marty, who were operating the resort while we were there. We can't wait to return. It's the perfect place for a fun time with friends, & family!

Room Tip: Get a water view room, you won't be disappointed! Torch Lake is simply spectacular, & almost like being in the Caribbean.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank illegallyblonde2
Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

This is our 4th year in a row to this resort. It is my favorite summer vacation. Torch lake is the most beautiful special lake I've ever boated on. The sand bar is so much fun. We love going down the torch river and up to clam lake. This resort is the perfect location for everything. I love sitting on the patio watching the different boats launching at the nearby boat launch and going down torch river. The rooms are very clean. We stayed in room 5 this year and they had remodeled it over the winter. It had new carpeting and a flat screen tv. I still love room 6 as it has a window that gets a lovely breeze. We reserved it next year for a $50 deposit. This resort is a great value for the lawn rooms for $155 a night. There is no other rooms on the lake you can get for this price.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank kdxdana
Reviewed 16 September 2014

First off, I would like to say I read all the wonderful reviews about this place and was very hopeful coming here. My husband booked it and assured me everything on this lake is nice. WRONG! Don't get me wrong, location was wonderful, however, the room was DISGUSTING! As soon as you walked in the door you got a blow of Mold smell in your face. The kind that hurts your throat and it doesn't go away. Everything we packed smelled after staying there for two days. I felt so uncomfortable that I did not even want to take my socks off to walk on the carpet. The bathroom was dirty where I did not even feel clean after taking shower. I brought a blanket of my own that I literally cocooned myself in because I did not want to touch anything. Before I went to bed, I sat up against the headboard of the bed and got a strong odor of what smelled like skunk. A short time later I realized it was just a strong mold/mildew odor coming from behind the bed...it was absolutely horrible. I will never ever stay there again!!!! Not sure if room 8 and 9 are better as previously reviewed, but we stayed in room 5 and it was disgusting....feeling uncomfortable where you're sleeping is one of the worst feelings...I hated it. So gross. Not sure if I mentioned the disgusting smell but it was horrid.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank am616
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We got so lucky to do a road trip to Torch Lake without any plans and found this gem that had vacancy. During check in, Michelle, one of the owners who is so kind, explained some people book a year in advance, especially for the lake front room...and I understand why!!!! If you are able to get room 9 (8 looks awesome too)..take it!! The room over looks the channel where the boats pass through as well as the sand bar. The room has a fridge, microwave and coffee maker but lacks a decent sink. That is the ONLY thing I can find wrong. Room comes stocked with dishes so you are able to eat meals in the room. OR on one of the tables outside. They also have grills!!! This really is a family place, if you are looking for a place to have a reunion or just get a large group together, I highly recommend it. I don't know what the lawn rooms look like but I'm sure they are clean! I almost forgot to say how CLEAN the rooms are!!! Across the street is the marina as well as a party store that rents pontoon boats. We planned on doing so but it was too windy. I wish I could remember the name of the place..the owners are so nice!!! I cannot wait to book our room for next year for a week!!!

Room Tip: The lake front rooms are awesome but I bet they can get loud when the sand bar is busy. Rooms 8 and 9 have the best view of the lake/channel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ktrost
Reviewed 26 October 2013

There is something about Torch Lake and it's unique beauty that calls us back year after year. Northwind is a great way to experience the lake. The affordable and flexible accommodations offer you a great view and access to the lake. We really enjoy bringing our boat and exploring Torch along with the other accessable lakes. After a day on the water we enjoy relaxing while grilling on the lake side patio. Already made our reservations for 2014.

Room Tip: The lakeside rooms offer a great view of the water.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple