“Family breakfast”

Ranked #9 of 87 Restaurants in Redford
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 December 2017

The wait staff was very attentive , to our needs, especially with a 6 year old. His food came out hot and fast. Coffee is served in a small carafe on the table for serve yourself. My egg was cooked perfectly. And everyone else walked away full and satisfied.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our time at this restaurant. It was well decorated and clean and the service was friendly and attentive. Since they specialize in omelette, I was expecting something fantastic, but it was a very basic omelette and my spinach was just a thought from the box and put in the omelette, no flavor. My bacon was very fatty and the toast was stale.

I did however have some homemade soup that was absolutely fantastic.

I may return for the homemade soup, but definitely no breakfast here again. Disappointed.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I grab a carry out breakfast special once in a while from Gest. For 4$ its hard to beat eggs, bacon toast and potatoes.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Love Gest Omelettes as its always a unique breakfast, the extraordinary never ordinary. I've been to Gest numerous times and they always do an excellent job.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

This decades long established restaurant has a large selection of unique omelettes along with your more common varieties. You can order a conventional one or a crepe preparation. I made the mistake of ordering a LARGE conventional Spanish omelette and it was too large, ended up taking most of it home, so I'm saying the medium size should satisfy most appetites. The wife ordered her favorite, the Polish crepe. We were both satisfied, The service on this visit was not as good as we remembered and it was not as busy as we have seen it where you had to wait for a table. We can only vouch for one item on the menu, the omelettes, never had anything else. One piece of trivial advice, get a table if you have a thick build, the booths are constructed to get you only about 14 inches to squeeze into. :-)