“Fantastic Brisket & Great Atmosphere ”
Review of Lockhart's BBQ

Lockhart's BBQ
Ranked #9 of 216 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Went here with coworkers for dinner and everyone raved about our experience! We actually showed up with a group of 20+ so Lockharts reserved the basement room for our party and had a buffet style Texas BBQ set for us.

The Brisket was excellent and the pulled pork & BBQ ribs did not disappoint. And be sure to get the Mac-and-Cheese: it was great! A tremendous selection of beers allowed everyone to have their unique dining experience.

Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

We had a highly anticipated visit to this restaurant last Saturday. It's a very inviting atmosphere when you walk in. The menu selections looked great however all of our menus were stained from food and grease. We should have listened to our gut and walked out. We didn't. I ordered their famous Bloody Mary in a boot. While the drink was tasty, who garnishes a Bloody Mary with bland carrots and tasteless sausage? Gross. My daughter ordered the pulled pork sandwich. The meat was dry and the bun was tasteless and gritty. The BBQ sauces on the table were very thin and watery. My wife and I split the BBQ chicken nachos. They arrived cold and we had to send them back. When our dish returned and we started eating we realized that they used flour tortillas instead of corn. The chicken was cubed and tasted like something you could buy frozen from meijer. I have had good BBQ all over the country and I was really just expecting something above average from this local restaurant. I guess if you want to go and have some local beers and just hang out with friends it may be a great choice. If you are going for good BBQ, you are better off to skip a meal; wish I could say different because we really wanted to like this place.

Stephanie A, Owner at Lockhart's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Mark-

We are so disappointed to hear that you had a lackluster experience with us last Saturday! While we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the beer selections and atmosphere, our main focus is always the food and service. I am so sorry you received filthy menus upon arrival, how gross. We always joke in the restaurant that BBQ sauce gets on everything, but your menus should never be that bad for your first impression. I have brought your complaints about the BBQ sauce and pork nachos up to our chef as soon as I read this. As I previously stated, food is always our focus and it sounds like we did not at all live up to any standards we hold upon ourselves. I would love to see you come back in again and try out that quality of food that has made us one of Metro Detroit's top BBQ destinations. Please ask for Stephanie next time you are in and I will personally make sure you have the experience you deserve. - Stephanie M. Atias, General Manager.

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Had a very bad experience. Management was disrespectful and made us feel very uncomfortable. We probably won't go back for a very long time. Not to mention, the food is just ok.

Stephanie A, Owner at Lockhart's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

Kelsey-
I am so sorry to hear you had a bad experience with us recently! We aim to make every guest feel welcomed and appreciated from the moment they step in the door. This evening must have really been awful for you, as I have seen you post this similar review on multiple sites. If we did anything offensive or in anyway offended you that evening, my apologies! I do stand by the call my staff member made with your group in regards to cutting a few individuals off, again this is never to offend anyone but simply a business decision for safety on everyone's part.
I am still open to discussing this evening with you further as I have mentioned several times. Feel free to email or call the restaurant at anytime. - Stephanie M. Atias, General Manager

Reviewed 13 May 2016

Named after the barbecue capital of Texas, this place begs you to eat inside with a delicious wood smoked aroma. My companion and I ventured in during mid-week happy hour (3-6 pm). Savored spicy, mouth tingling salmon tacos, terrific Korean ribs, bacon beef sliders and craft beer on tap for about $30. A bargain!
The old heat radiators and street view on the corner of Third and Williams made this otherwise cavernous, loud bone yard feel kind of cozy. Surprisingly it's as family friendly as it is a small crowd pleaser.
The only miss was a distracted waitress who didn't know the beer list or the happy hour menu and didn't pick up the bill payment for at least 20 minutes. That was a problem since parking is metered and watched closely by the ticket police in Royal Oak.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Not only was the setting warm, friendly & cozy but the food was amazing! We were there for my brothers birthday & the restaurant was very accommodating. The service was excellent as well. We had the group meal with a whole pig & several sides. It was amazing! I also recommend their sweet potato fries....delicious!!!