“Best breakfast in Royal Oak”
Review of The Royal Diner

The Royal Diner
Ranked #71 of 218 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Incredible service, stellar food, quick delivery, and very fair prices. What more could you ask for?

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Another neighborhood restaurant with good food and service. It is very small and in the winter, very cold because there is no foyer to catch the cold when the door is opened. They have good soups and breakfasts. It's often my #2 choice for Sunday after church breakfast. Portions are smaller than many restaurants, but so is the price.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Had breakfast there this morning...I don't normally eat pancakes, but the name intrigued me..."sweet cream pancakes"...now who can resist that?!?! I ordered them in lieu of toast. They were soooo delicious; they didn't even need syrup. I also had the eggs benedict. The sauce was perfect and the ham plenty. My husband said the omellete was good. We will definitely go back. Next time I'm gonna try the cinnamon French toast which sounds delicious!

1  Thank Spice12725
Reviewed 14 March 2015

We have been here twice for breakfast and have been very impressed. Small diner that is not fancy inside or out, but has good food and friendly service. We always get the veggie skillet with coffee for $20 with tip. Appears to be always frequented by regulars that says a lot. Give it a try.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The perfect little diner. Small, nothing fancy, but tidy and accommodating with delicious, cheap breakfast food and attentive service. My mom and I came here for breakfast on a weekday in July 2014. Breakfast for two, plus two extra sides and two coffees, was $18.

We got the sweet cream pancakes with scrambled eggs and "Pete's french toast" with bacon. The french toast had a delicious cinnamon sugar coating; I would recommend it over the pancakes, but both were very good. The scrambled eggs were really great- a lot of diners tend to overcook their scrambled eggs, but these were soft and moist. If you prefer drier hard-scrambed eggs, you might want to specify. The bacon was of good quality, thick and tasty.

The service was perhaps the best part. Our server was friendly, attentive, and conversational, but not nosy or over the top, and our food came out quickly.

I definitely recommend this place for a good breakfast for a reasonable price!

1  Thank Madsalot