“Great Coney dog.”

National Coney Island
Ranked #31 of 218 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Better than the average Coney dog restaurant. Service was quick and accurate. Prices are around $$. We never had to wait longer than 5 minutes for a seat. Enjoy.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Country omelette was ok, even though the cheese wasn’t fully melted. Coffee was good. Hash browns were nicely crisped and not greasy. Server didn’t come back to check on me until I was almost done eating, that’s a no go for me. Even though I was ok, I feel a server should always come to check in you about 5 minutes after being served.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

I have visited National Coney Island several times for lunch. Took my father-in-law to this place for lunch a few times when he was living. He liked to come here. It is always busy and therefore usually fingerprints on the glass doors and a few French fries on the floor but the food is dependable and prepared well. It's you standard diner food. If your expecting something besides patty melts & coney dogs you'll probably be disappointed. I like how it's a neighborhood place with old and young and construction workers, hospital workers, and the usual couple of old guys drinking coffee and reading the paper at the counter. The waitresses & cooks are always busy and the service has always been quick, efficient, not overly friendly which I appreciate and understand, they are busy. This time it was a Friday. I had the clam chowder, it was perfect. It was a somewhat thick soup, but not so thick you can stand a spoon up in it. I hate stew or chowder that is almost the consistency of mashed potatoes with a floury taste. I'll be back next time I'm in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

While visiting family in Michigan, I always must have my Detroit style coney island hot dogs! They were as good or even better than I had remembered! We also had a few salads, fries and the famous gyros sandwiches. All were fantastic! We did mostly carry outs, due to our busy schedule. My boyfriend who had never had a Detroit coney was also very impressed, he liked everything we ordered. The service was quick and friendly every single time. Kudos to the service and kitchen staff! I also found out that I can have my beloved coneys shipped to Arizona! Yaaaay!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

My wife and I have been eating here at the National Coney Island Restaurant, located off 12-mile Road between Main Street and Rochester Road, here in Royal Oak, Michigan, for a number of decades. It is one of our favorite restaurants and we have many happy memories of too-many-to-count visits here. So we will say, as usual, the service was excellent. As usual our large Greek Salad was excellent. Our tuna sandwich was great. Our two coney island hot dogs were also great. As usual the cost of our dinner was very reasonable. As usual we enjoyed the familiar ambiance of the restaurant. As usual parking was also easy to find.

1  Thank kanbaatar