All reviews full kitchen stove top great hotel nice stay between games anniversary weekend stayed here for two nights one bedroom suite would stay here again shopping and restaurants soccer tournament staff was friendly free wifi the breakfast area bed was very comfortable indoor pool convenient location
Reviewed 26 July 2015

We stayed here for two nights as we toured the Lake Huron area and the town of Frankenmuth. Fantastic location for both activities. The hotel was very comfortable and well kept. Very clean. Great breakfast! I want to especially point out the exceptional service provided by two employees. Ruth Anne and Jenada. Both were super friendly, helpful and knowledgeable not only about the hotel but the surrounding area as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. It is a well run establishment with a great staff.

Room tip: larger suites are situated on the ends of the hotel and have great access points from the outside for keyholders.
Reviewed 13 July 2015

We traveled to the area for pleasure. The hotel is only 2 years old and looks brand new. The beds were extremely comfortable, the rooms, clean, and breakfast was included. Joe at the desk was extremely helpful and friendly at both check-in on Friday and out on Sunday morning. We would probably stay again if we are in the area.
Pros: Far enough from the interstate to be quiet and easily accessible to restaurants including I-Hop as well as Wal-mart across the street.
Cons: The breakfast didn't include meat options on the weekend, T.V. channels seemed limited, and there wasn't a fan in the bathroom.

Reviewed 11 July 2015

Great location, quiet, good breakfast, courteous staff, comfortable room. I appreciate the location because its a half mile from I-75 noise. I also appreciate the tall young lady who checked us in and recommended a place to worship on Sunday.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

the handicapped accessible room met my needs. after a minor problem with access to the shower, the staff went out of their way to make it better for me. the room and bed was comfortable which made it nice for a day stay

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

This is a beautiful and clean hotel centrally located to the area. But, this town Place suites has two deal-killing flaws.

I checked in late last night for a much needed night of rest in prep for a day of business meetings. At 1 AM I called to complain about noise emanating from the hotel patio fire pit three stories below me. The party outside did not stop. In fact, it seemingly grew louder perhaps in response to my protest. At 2 AM I called again but the party continued---this time with music from a loudspeaker. It wasn't until 3:30 AM that the noises stopped.

A business hotel like this should defend sleep after midnight not hinder it. Great hotel if you're there to party. Terrible business hotel. Everything was made worse by their lack of response. At checkout I met a family that had also complained. I'm unsure which is worse, the noise or lack of care/concern/control to handle the situation. I wasn't asked for contact info to follow up.

2  Thank T7144JNsamd
GM2323, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2015

Hello Sam D,

Thank you very much for letting us know about your stay, and I hope you can accept my sincere apology for the experience you had. That is definitely out of the norm for our hotel, and it should have been handled better. I will work with the staff right away on how to better handle noise issues, and make sure we are enforcing our policies. Our goal is to give all of our guests a wonderful experience, and I apologize we fell short.

Thank you again for everything and, if there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to contact me at the hotel. I hope you have a wonderful day and that we will see you again in the future.