All reviewsrooms are smallbig chainsnice dinnercomfy bedfit the billstayed hereroom was spotlessbirch run and frankenmuthhot watergreat pricestay there againmotelshowerfridgetvcorndesk
Reviewed 2 June 2016

nice motel clean looks like they are doing some remodeling charged us another 11 dollars for my three year old grandson but still cheaper than anywhere else around. free Wi-Fi and a refrigerate rooms are a decent size and quiet

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank deborahk563
Reviewed 26 December 2015

This is a small single story motel that is kind of in the middle of farmland on a county road. Check in was in a small area with the person behind glass. I can see their point being in the middle of nowhere, but not the most inviting. The actual check in was smooth. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom tight only a shower. The showerhead was actually on the ceiling. That was a first, never seen a regular showerhead there before, what ya gonna do? The TV had loads of channels and the area was very quiet at night. We had a good night sleep and were on our way. I would stay here again. The price was half the price of the chain hotels in the area.

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed 17 December 2015

The other patron smoking RIGHT outside our room wasn't so great. Would suggest to the management that they might designate some outdoor space for this purpose. It fit the bill for a quick trip up north to close the cottage. Even a microwave and fridge in the room!

Room Tip: Book ahead online; they fill up quickly on weekends.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2015 via mobile

I use tripadvisor when planning a getaway. This little gem of a hotel was at the bottom of the list but decided to go by the reviews and they all were spot on!!

Rooms are basic and very clean.....the boys who had their own room and myself and gf love that the shower hangs above you, plus you can set to different settings which is way cool.

Beds are comfortable and bedding was clean. Hardly no dust to be found on any of the lamps, tv, work desk and so on.

Free wifi was great for the kids and the small fridge and microwave was great too.

All in all a fantastic place to stay. Sure it's a bit out of the way of anything but the money you save will makeup for it. Give it try....you will love it! We did!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick S
Reviewed 26 October 2015

For a motel that is really a little off the beaten track, Relax Inn comes close to perfection. Not having the "advantages" of being close to the familiar fast food outlets and major highway intersections, there is the need to try just a little harder to attract guests. This place gets the formula right in every important respect.

Although we booked late and found ourselves in what must be one of the smallest queen rooms one can find, we didn't feel claustrophobic at all. The decor is light and the layout makes excellent use of the space. Tucked away beneath the TV are a microwave and fridge, and the bathroom is perfectly adequate. The shower stall is fully tiled and the water pressure is just fine. Plenty of proper hot water too! On entering the room, we were immediately struck by the fresh smell and the clean look. I had no hesitation in walking on the carpet in bare feet - something that I'm rarely comfortable doing in a motel room.

At the weekend, traffic along the road on which the motel is situated is light, so the quiet of farm country accompanies the night in a comfortable bed. The only minor niggles (I'd give a rating of 4 3/4 if I could!) are a noisy air circulation unit that cannot be turned off (it powers up every now and then through the night) and towels that are nearing the end of their useful life. A general observation - why are bath towels so rare in American motels? I know they're costly and there is the fear that they might find their way into guests' suitcases, but I for one wouldn't mind the idea of a refundable deposit or a firm policy on pilfering. I'm tired of drying myself after a shower with an overgrown hand towel.

In all, a really excellent place to stay with the added bonus that it's just a short drive from Frankenmuth.

Room Tip: Although all the rooms are good, book early to get the best.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple