Econo Lodge(Saint Joseph)
US$75
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph(Saint Joseph)(Great Value!)
US$200
HIExpress.com
The Inn at Harbor Shores(Saint Joseph)(Great Value!)
US$329
Official Site
US$50
US$181
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Definitely not in the class of 'worst hotel ever' and for the normal, non-Saturday rate, it's about right. Friendly staff and totally acceptable accommodations for the price. Reminds me of the beach towns of Long Island - the benefit is the location.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The bar music was extremely loud and we weren't able to sleep. I called the front desk and "JJ" told me he couldn't do anything or recommend anything. He told me that I could complain to a manager the next morning when they were available. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The worst experience I've ever had.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Napoleon0101
Reviewed 25 August 2017

I booked this hotel short notice and was surprised that is was considerably less expensive than the other hotels in the area. Now I know why.

To be fair, the location is good. It is close to the beaches and downtown (stores, restaurants). It has on-site parking. From the outside it kind of reminds me of the hotel in Revenge of the Nerds, but not as gross.

The hotel is old, and you can tell. We had a balcony (not facing the beach) where we would hang out towels at night. Every time I walked into the room from the balcony, little pieces of the balcony floor got tracked into the room. They were like tiny, sharp pebbles.

The second of the queen beds had a giant crater in the center. We let our son have that one since he didn't care, but any adults would have had a sore back after one night.

Free wireless...not so much. I could not log onto the hotel wireless, which was unsecured and required no password. I called the front desk thinking I might be using the wrong wireless and there was actually a secured one for guests. Not so. In fact I was told that the wireless is always "slow" on that side of the building. I should try again later. We stayed for three nights and I was never able to log onto the wireless.

Maybe it was a good thing there was no free wireless. There weren't enough outlets to charge our devices. My husband and I had to plug our phones in across the room at night so they could charge and in the morning they weren't even fully charged.

I never used the pool or the hotel bar. I did use the continental breakfast once, and only once. The food was unpalatable. If you stay here, you might as well skip the breakfast and go to one of the breakfast diners nearby. You'll be happy you did.

When we got to our room, the safe was closed and locked so we couldn't use it. We asked the front desk to open it for us. They never did. Since we couldn't use the safe, we didn't utilize room service, but we did request they leave us some fresh towels after the second day. They never left us towels. On the third day, our room key stopped working. Luckily we went to the front desk ourselves ,and they replaced it.

My 5 year old son had never stayed in a hotel before. He thought it was great! He asked me twice if we could move into the hotel and live there. NO! You couldn't pay me to live there. In the future, I will plan ahead or pay the money to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ljphilli150
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in an ok location with walking distance to beach and shops. That's where the good stops.
The rooms are in desperate need of updating, carpets are very dirty, the air conditioning in public areas was non-stop existent. The free breakfast was ok, but the room it was in had to be over 100 degrees!
The sliding door in our room almost fell off the track and wouldn't seal. Therefore the air conditioning did not do a lot of good. It just stayed muggy.
Would not stay here again. The "discounted rate" for the wedding was a joke at $169/night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

The lobby area was well maintained but the exterior of the hotel portrays the real age of the property. It is worn out! We had a king accessible room, the floors were stained, there are not a lot of outlets so take a power strip for charging phones or drying your hair outside of the bathroom. It was a bit pricy for the accommodations but the location made it worthwhile. You can walk to silver beach or any downtown shop or restaurant.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends