“Not bad” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Metro Detroit
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed here with my son's hockey team. We stayed in a suite that was very spacious and clean. Our room also included a microwave and mini fridge which was very convenient. The chair and ottoman in the living room area were very worn and the fabric was ripped. Even though it was January, it was so hot in the rooms we all turned the thermostat to air conditioning! They must have some heating bill! The breakfast buffet was very disappointing - I would not recommend it. Even the teenage boys were disappointed and chose to go elsewhere the second morning for breakfast. We visited the casino as well but didn't stay long for two reasons: 1) it was very smokey (typical for a casino; and 2) the slot machines were so tight we left.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank PlySoccerMom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed for New Years Eve. The place was packed, and there is supposedly a 3 year wait to get a room here on NYE. Luckily my aunt was on the wait list, so we were able to get a room. Because smoking is allowed in the casino, our clothes were terribly smoky after hanging arounf the casino area for most of the night. I believe that the rooms are non smoking, but we still needed to put a towel under the door because there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke coming from the hallway. The room was very clean, but could use a face lift.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Detroit, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

It looks a little hodge-podge from the outside, but inside is nice. It's a full service casino / hotel with all you expect. There is a variety of resuturants and a buffet. There is a smallish indoor pool. The rooms were clean an modern.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank spanky132
michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

i cant say that the place was dirty or anything like that but we had are problems. I'm not sure if it was pipes or the damper in the wall heater but it was clanging all night . the idea of charging $25 dollars for the buffet was crazy, there were more people eating in the deli because of the price. i realize you can't win every time you go to a casino but the slots are so tight my wife ran through a $50 in a quarter slot machine and never even got a cherry(i never seen one person win any thing more than a small jackpot).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank shelbyslim

Travellers are raving about these Sault Ste. Marie hotels

Romeo, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

I thought it strange that people, went oh when I said that I was going to Sault Ste. Marie and staying at the casino, hotel. I didn't go there with great expectations, but I did have an expectation. Arriving on the property . I actually had to go inside and get the valet to get my bags. He was seated just inside the doors. The entranceway was quite alarming unfinished drywall. I go to the front desk, and I'm told that they'll be with me in a minute by a gentleman who appearance is quite alarming. Closer dirty. He's talking with a slur needs a shave. Looks like he might've pulled an all nighter at a party after about 5 min. he finally gets off the phone with what I thought was maybe a customer, but in turn, I think it was his girlfriend S Gonzalez, conversations with I love you. I told him my name and he asked me that I'll be staying for two nights and I informed NO. He tells me that they've charge my credit card for two nights. I was told that there was not another night available. If there was a Night became available to please call me, which he also greeted did say on the computer. I told him that I had Artie made arrangements someplace else because I was not given a call. He rudely told me there was nothing he could do about it that I would be charged for another night. I asked to speak to a manager, a lady came out of the back and apologize to me for the mixup, and got me on my way to my room. We go over to the elevator doors and the ashtray garbage can outside the elevator had beer bottles and trash almost overflowing. It just looked out of place. We get to our room, which is a suite. We go in to a room that just seems used over you and not maintained. The wallpapers peeling off the walls. The cabinet with the TV and refrigerator, and it is missing the door. It's been ripped off. It. I continued to look around, at least make sure the sheets on the bed were changed and go in the bathroom. The bathroom looked pretty clean until I looked at the ceiling and seen the light fixture full of approximately 30 dead flies. I showed this to the bellman who is also the valet. The parked my car, he said he would see if he could find somebody to take care of it asked if they could give us another room. He told me to go see a need also have to get the stuff for my Sweetheart package, which I had purchased. He told me. Yeah, he had to go get that. I asked him why it wasn't already in the room. He didn't know. He came back and told me that there were no more rooms available and they were trying to find somebody to take care of the light fixture. He brought me a warm bottle of champagne, a box of chocolates a candle in an ice bucket with no ice. He told me he was going to put the champagne on ice and was told by the front desk, not to do that. Me and my girlfriend settled in and went downstairs to get something to eat. We went to the buffet, which all of it wasn't that bad, but wasn't that good either prime rib was overcooked. The only complaint I could have it. The buffet was the nonstop flow of employees from the kitchen in the buffet walking through the dining area with very dirty clothing that looked like it hadn't been washed for weeks. They just kept walking in and out of the restaurant. The only thing in me and my girlfriend come up with is that there were going to smoke. We were only there about an hour and it seems same guy five times walk right past her table. And my girlfriend. Gambling for a a few hours. I did very well on blackjack and will girlfriend decided we were just walking around. The hotel casino has a large hallway/atrium from the front of the casino to the hotel in the back. The architecture is quite beautiful and is decorated with Indian artifacts and information about the local Indian tribe and it actually has some artwork for sale. Me and my girlfriend were actually quite interested in a local artists that dream catchers that he made out of a piece of log . The disturbing part about this was the task through all the display cases and throughout all the beautiful artifacts and things for sale was said approximately every 45 feet as she walked there was a beer bottle and empty glass some type of container that was holding food dirty napkin. It's I don't think I've seen the trashcan while we were in the place that wasn't overflowing had beer bottles of it generally just the state of the hotel casino was very dirty. It's not like you don't employees there just never doing anything there always walking someplace I never seen one pick anything up, we decided to go back and do a little more gambling before we went to bed. Again, I did very well on tables. This time it was getting quite late is around 3:30 AM we got to the elevator doors in the hotel lobby the same beer bottles was in the ashtray, the garbage was overflowing Minotaur room to discover that they had never cleaned the flies out of the light fixture went to bed, got up the next day got ourselves ready to check out I went downstairs to complain to the management got the same very rude guy that checked me in. I guess this is normal, look, a hung over . He asked if I'd be staying another night. I told him no way. I told him about the problems that I have seen and had this didn't seem to faze him at all. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that there is no management on the weekends that the management only works Monday through Friday. I said, isn't that a little odd for a hotel, casino and not have any management for weekends, especially when they're fully booked. He said yes, but that's how I do it here. Another girl at the desk. It heard what I was saying in my complaints and told me she would get somebody a lady showed up at the front desk. Listen to everything that I had to say was very shocked at my pictures just Apologizing to me and told me she had no way of doing anything for me, but asked that I write a letter and include the pictures and it. Well, me and her were talking about all the problems with the hotel and casino. This rude guy at the desk just could not keep from interrupting me in her over and over and over. She told me that the manager. The hotel was also the manager of housekeeping in the casino. I told her that explains a lot. I told her I would not staying another night and that I would take the $2000 dollars I won on the Table and find myself someplace else. To stay. I went outside the valet brought my car around to my surprise, my car was covered in bird crap. I definitely think this is a sign that never to come back To This place again. Thanks for reading this. I hope this helps everyone not make the same bad decision. I didn't. PS. This trip was for leisure, but I was also checking out the property for convention where we would've have needed 300 rooms.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Americas Best Value Inn
#13 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
3.4 km away
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Ojibway
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Oj...
#8 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
3.9 km away
Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront
Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault S...
#5 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie

Been to Kewadin Casinos Hotel? Share your experiences!