“Great food”

Greenbush Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Sawyer
More attraction details
Owner description: HOURS Sunday - Thursday: 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday and Saturday: 11:30 a.m.-11 p.m. Good ideas often start over beer. Always looking to take a good thing too far, we sat down over a beer (or two) and decided that beer itself was a good idea. Of course, not just some easy-drinking, institutional prole beer, but stuff like the beers we'd had at great bars. In short, we wanted beer with flavor. Complexity. Character. Intensity. Not words found in the mass-market lexicon. So with a banjo burner, a bunch of industrial-sized kitchen pots and as many buckets as we could find, we jumped in feet first. Once a week, every week. This led to brewing twice a week and handing out bottle after bottle to everyone we knew. Now, several years later and with a 15 bbl version of our banjo burner and kitchen pots for a brewhouse, we're befuddling the beer judges and converting the masses. One pint at a time. Located in the small lakeside town of Sawyer, MI, Greenbush crafts beers with names like Anger, Closure, Mammoth and Doomslayer-and with nothing under 6% ABV, the monikers are indicative of the styles. The brewery serves beer and a full menu out of its Sawyer taproom seven days a week and currently distributes to bars, restaurants and retailers throughout the state of Michigan, in metro Chicago and Northern Indiana.
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

My brother loves the alcohol here. I don't drink but love the food. 3 meats and two sides for $17 is what my wife and I got. It's awesome. We've been there a number of times and never had a bad experience

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Another stop on the road where we used the Yelp app and scored! Parking is admittedly a challenge and not knowing the layout of the town didn't help us. We finally got a spot and settled into the Clean Plate Club. I ordered a cold Greenbush Star Chicken Shotgun because it's maybe the most interesting beer name I've seen yet. I ordered the Cubano sandwich which I finished, but I struggled to eat all of the accompanying potato salad. It was good and there was a-plenty. Our amazing server Hannah said it was OK, that it was more important not to skimp on the beer. Smokin' Hubster ordered a cider and had one of the juiciest burgers that I've seen in a while, which he said was really yummy. We're on the road again this weekend and I'd love to stop by... parking on a Saturday night might change my mind; bummer!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

This is one of the only places in Sawyer to eat. In fact, the annex and other shop take up most of the block. We had our kids with us and it was during the day. We had a 20 minute wait due to there being 8 of us but it was worth it. We sampled different flights of beer which were fun and good. But the food... OMG! The appetizers were amazing and then the sandwiches were savory and delicious. All the meat is cooked there. We were so satisfied and full when we left. It was the best meal of our trip!

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped in on our way back home from a brew tour weekend of the Mitten State. Crazy busy crowded and loud it was eve of July 4th...had a flight and a Brother Benjamin to cap off visit the beer was great good mouth feel IPA's were great had a brisket sandwich was probably the best I've had great bark and smoke ring...Greenbush is bringing Sawyer to life...lots of choices Clean Plate Club or annex...all top notch Cheers!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

There are 3 spots in town to eat and they're all part of this establishment. The other store is a hardware store. Family had brisket sandwiches and they were very happy with their choice. I went for a smoked turkey and it was excellent! Worth the drive from the shoreline towns.