“Clean and Friendly”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shelby Township
London, Canada
“Clean and Friendly”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights. Room was clean and spacious. The front desk staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. Breakfast was tasty although a bit slow to replenish when it was clearly a busy morning with a lot of guests. Pool was an odd shade of green but we didn't ask why. There were kids swimming and seemed to be having fun. I found the bathroom counter very high and set back - must have been someone tall who designed it. Did have noise from the room above and next door. Otherwise a good value and would stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Turkish first
michigan
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I am a repeat guest at this hotel as it is conveniently located to the areas in which I work. The hotel is in a quiet location close to Utica, Shelby Twp. Chesterfield, and Rochester. The rooms are clean and it is your typical Hampton Inn. My only complaint with this hotel is the front desk staff. They are not welcoming or professional and I am never acknowledged as an Hilton Honors member as at other Hilton properties.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Ohio
Reviewed 27 October 2011

It only took us about 2 minutes to check into this hotel, which is a huge plus... even with two wedding parties occupying plenty of rooms. The room itself was immaculate with a modern style...very quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sherriwiz22
Michigan
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We made a reservation for two rooms a month in advance for a wedding. I kept the confirmation number handy and the day before arrival called to confirm. Everthing was fine at this time. When some of the guests began to arrive they checked on our rooms and called us to let us know there were no reservations for us. I called to find out what happened and was told that their system cancelled our reservation by mistake and to call back when the manager arrived. When I spoke to him he said sorry the hotel was fully booked and if a room became available he would let me know. Nice way to do business! After talking at length with him he became rude and said OK, how many rooms do you need? The same two that I reserved in the first place. He again told me in his irritated voice to just come in and he would find a room for our parties. We found out later that one of the guests was upgraded to a larger room with a kitchenette and all kinds of amenities. When we arrived we got an apology from the clerk at the counter but never saw the manager at all. Aside from this stressfull beginning the rest of the stay was beautiful. The hotel is really nice and the staff was great. The manager could learn a few things from the rest of the crew. Thanks to the rest of the staff for making our stay a good one.

Room Tip: We always love a top floor room so no one is on top of us walking around
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank johnmcalski
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Nothing out of the ordinary. It's a Hampton. Not sure what all the big reviews are about.
I stayed here on business for one night and I could shoot a cannon down the hall and no one would have heard. Basically deserted?! Hmmm
The hotel must be new as the Hampton-issue carpet wasn't overly dirty yet.
The free internet was fast and the breakfast was OK.
My TV remote control didn't work.
There is no restaurant or bar at this property, so if you are in town for business it would not make a good choice.
Sadly, nothing special. I'm not sure if I will be back or not

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank SammyBaby22
Angela G, Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to follow-up with the correct departments to see that these issues are attended to. We are a two-year award winning hotel and the newest hotel in the area. We pride ourselves on our guest services and cleanliness. We do cater to business travelers and therefore, have a noise policy in place to maintain a nice, quiet environment for our guests. Sorry I do not have more of a solution to your problem, as we do strive to maintain a quiet property for business travel convenience. Even though we do not have a restuarant/bar on-site, we are more than happy to direct you or shuttle you to nearby restuarants and bars that will offer discounts for staying at our Hampton Inn. I hope that you will stay with us again during your next visit to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelby Township
4.7 km away
Courtyard Detroit Utica
4.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Utica

Been to Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township? Share your experiences!