Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township
US$114
US$104
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$103
Staybridge.com
US$105
US$119
US$123
US$119
Comfort Inn Utica(Utica)(Great Value!)
US$85
ComfortInn
US$129
US$110
TownePlace Suites
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

Royal Park Hotel(Rochester)
US$159
Travelocity
US$65
US$79
All reviewsfamily weddinggreat hotelclean roomscomplimentary breakfastworkout roomstay there againbreakfast staffwould highly recommend this hotelking roomfront desk staffthe hotel staffbusiness centerhot tubwe've stayedfitness centernice staybagels
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I am a repeat guest at this hotel as it is conveniently located to the areas in which I work. The hotel is in a quiet location close to Utica, Shelby Twp. Chesterfield, and Rochester. The rooms are clean and it is your typical Hampton Inn. My only complaint with this hotel is the front desk staff. They are not welcoming or professional and I am never acknowledged as an Hilton Honors member as at other Hilton properties.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2011

It only took us about 2 minutes to check into this hotel, which is a huge plus... even with two wedding parties occupying plenty of rooms. The room itself was immaculate with a modern style...very quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sherriwiz22
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We made a reservation for two rooms a month in advance for a wedding. I kept the confirmation number handy and the day before arrival called to confirm. Everthing was fine at this time. When some of the guests began to arrive they checked on our rooms and called us to let us know there were no reservations for us. I called to find out what happened and was told that their system cancelled our reservation by mistake and to call back when the manager arrived. When I spoke to him he said sorry the hotel was fully booked and if a room became available he would let me know. Nice way to do business! After talking at length with him he became rude and said OK, how many rooms do you need? The same two that I reserved in the first place. He again told me in his irritated voice to just come in and he would find a room for our parties. We found out later that one of the guests was upgraded to a larger room with a kitchenette and all kinds of amenities. When we arrived we got an apology from the clerk at the counter but never saw the manager at all. Aside from this stressfull beginning the rest of the stay was beautiful. The hotel is really nice and the staff was great. The manager could learn a few things from the rest of the crew. Thanks to the rest of the staff for making our stay a good one.

Room Tip: We always love a top floor room so no one is on top of us walking around
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank johnmcalski
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Nothing out of the ordinary. It's a Hampton. Not sure what all the big reviews are about.
I stayed here on business for one night and I could shoot a cannon down the hall and no one would have heard. Basically deserted?! Hmmm
The hotel must be new as the Hampton-issue carpet wasn't overly dirty yet.
The free internet was fast and the breakfast was OK.
My TV remote control didn't work.
There is no restaurant or bar at this property, so if you are in town for business it would not make a good choice.
Sadly, nothing special. I'm not sure if I will be back or not

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank SammyBaby22
Angela G, Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to follow-up with the correct departments to see that these issues are attended to. We are a two-year award winning hotel and the newest hotel in the area. We pride ourselves on our guest services and cleanliness. We do cater to business travelers and therefore, have a noise policy in place to maintain a nice, quiet environment for our guests. Sorry I do not have more of a solution to your problem, as we do strive to maintain a quiet property for business travel convenience. Even though we do not have a restuarant/bar on-site, we are more than happy to direct you or shuttle you to nearby restuarants and bars that will offer discounts for staying at our Hampton Inn. I hope that you will stay with us again during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

My daughter and I stayed here while visiting family. The accomodations were great! My daughter loved the indoor pool and hot tub. Our room was tidied up daily, and we even received a note from housekeeping the day that I accidentally kept the do not disturb sign on, letting me know that all I had to do was call, and they'd be there to straighten up and bring fresh towels. The complimentary breakfast was pretty typical and had enough choices to satisfy us. However, the sparkling gem here was the lovely girl that oversees the food area. She was energetic, friendly and made you feel like someone special. All of the staff were helpful and always greeted us with a smile. I can't say enough great things about this hotel. The only possible down side was that the local cable had limited channels, and only offered Nickelodeon and HBO family channel for children. My daughter isn't allowed to watch most programming on Nick, and there wasn't always something on HBO that was appropriate, either. Other than that (not really a big deal), I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family