“Rude server, average food”

Sophie's Steakhouse
Ranked #28 of 71 Restaurants in South Haven
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The service was poor the food was average and overpriced for what you get. I'll never go back that's for sure! Hey server dude don't ask the customers to pass around their own water! I don't go out to eat to work! Thanks!

1  Thank AJ A

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We had reservations for 6 last night at 8:00. When I arrived they sat me and my wife at our table waiting for the other to arrive. The restaurant was less than 1/2 filled, so I'm thinking we could be in trouble. Normally an empty restaurant on a Saturday night is a bad sign, but I was wrong.

Our server Erica warmly greeted us and set the stage for a wonderful experience. She did a good job helping us with the menu, and did a wonderful job providing prompt and attentive service.

We started with salads and soups which were fine. 5 of the 6 people at our table ordered steak - 3 filets, a ribeye, and I had the Delmonico. The other in our party had the Michigan whitefish and she loved it. My steak was a bit tough and fatty, but my wife thought her filet was awesome. Everyone had baked potatoes which were perfectly done. Soup or salad and the potato's were included with the entree.

We ordered 2 bottles of wine - an inexpensive Pinot Noir and a pricey Jordan Cab. The total bill was better than I expected, a bit under $400. Not bad for an excellent meal. Thanks again to Erica for doing a great job!!!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Made Reservation for 6:30 pm
Seated Promptly.
Perogies for a Starter.
Which were Delicious.
Enjoyed Tomato & Red Pepper Soup.
I ordered the Prime Rib.
My Husband ordered the Old Fashion Bone In Rib Eye.
Both were Delicious.

1  Thank Lynnette L
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We found this restaurant while driving by. The steak was comparable to the steaks in downtown Chicago. It was so tender you could cut it with a butter knife. Very friendly and the ambiance was great. The hamburger was ok. But the steaks were the star.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Most rude hostess we have ever experienced. They said they were booked up but only 3 tables had people seated. Only option was to eat on stool at bar. As we completed eating and were leaving only 3 other tables had been seated. With only 6 tables with people we mentioned to hostess on our way out, Wow, we ate and are leaving and this place is full of empty tables, see YOU COULD OF SEATED US!!! Her response "well, they are not here yet". That's was our point, they were NOT there and we were, all those tables empty !!! Have you ever heard of CUSTOMER SERVICE ???? And that was only the start. Table we had to eat at was so small I gave up my glass of water to make room. All the plates couldn't fit on the table and there were just 2 of us and splitting a meal !! The steak, would of been better on my grill at home. Not worth the money !! Baked potato, not fully cooked, steak very thin and not tasty. Complete disappointment. We were looking forward to a good steak dinner. We really don't understand anyone giving this place a good review unless they don't experience what great food really is. If you order the lobster tail, don't expect a big one, smallest we have ever received. This place was our only disappointment in South Haven. We will never return to Sophies and tell everyone we know to not waste their money. After spending an hour there and still so many empty tables, perhaps you need to fire a hostess or rethink your priorities. Any well ran restaurant knows not all reservations show up but more than half the restaurant?
Let's see if you are there a year from now based on a lot of these reviews.

3  Thank Larry G