Detroit Marriott Southfield
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Southfield)
View Hotel
All reviewsconcierge floorfront deskstayed at the marriottrooms are clean and comfortableindoor poolwould stay here againroom servicebusiness travelerguest roomslobby areaking roomgreat roomhotel restaurantbusiness tripdetroitbarbarahighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2017

October trip was pleasant. Did not dine in the hotel this time. I find the food here a little on the bland side.

Good, friendly service overall. Rooms clean, well kept. I didn't use the pool this time, but have enjoyed it in the past.

Much improved since they finished the renovations. Looking forward to when they renovate the rooms themselves.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Eastpointe, Michigan
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

My last stay at this property was fraught with issues which I communicated to the hotel and I have them some time to get improvements in place before patronising them again. I was not dissapointed. This stay was up to a Marriott Standard and the staff was very attentive and willing to help make your stay as good as it can get. Kudos to management and the new front office manager.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed there Saturday December 10-11. Large group of us stayed there overnight for a Bears road trip game. The hotel , aesthetically, was pleasing. The staff was very helpful and nice. They have nice conference and banquet space for events . There was actually a large wedding taking place that weekend. The rooms were average, nothing that stood out, but decent. They have an indoor pool that was pretty big. They have a nice bar area by the front entrance but when it's cold out and the doors constantly open , it could get drafty. They did not have a whirlpool though which I was disappointed in . They had an average breakfast buffet. Average in my case isn't necessarily bad , it's just that I travel a lot. If you're with a large group like I was and don't have transportation, it's not much in that area . It seems to be an industrial/business type of area. Overall it was ok

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
shannonvidal, Front Office Manager at Detroit Marriott Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that your accommodation was anything less than satisfying. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property.
I hope that you'll give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit and I would like to inform you that we are soon starting our room renovation. If I can provide any assistance, please contact me directly.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

This hotel has A WONDERFUL lobby for hanging out and grabbing a drink. The food is delicious and the wait staff is AWESOME! The rooms are clean, but need updating, which they said they are starting with a room at a time. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2016

As others have said, the staff here is very friendly and competent. However, the hotel needs a renovation and an upgrade to the breakfast. I would stay here again if I had business in the immediate vicinity, but not otherwise.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
John Z, Manager at Detroit Marriott Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Hello,

The Detroit Marriott Southfield would like to thank you for submitting your survey.
Renovation will start in December, take 6 months and includes a complete rooms renovation that should be complete in late June.

Regards,