“Great place, slow play”

Tullymore Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Stanwood
More attraction details
Owner description: This 18-hole championship course features surprising elevation changes, dramatic wetlands and strategic design elements, making this a stunning and challenging golf venue.
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed at Tulleymore in August 2012. We were 14 guys and stayed for three nights at the new cottages. The accomodations were excellent. Two queen beds and three piece bath in each of the four bedrooms. The service was very good as they had to rearrange our golf schedule due to rain-out on the first day. The only downside was the pace of play. WAY TOO SLOW. The group ahead of us were playing from the tips and three of the eight guys duffed their first tee shot. You have no business duffing anything when playing from the tips.

The two courses are totally different. They are both challenging and a good test of golf.

We had our Champions dinner at the restaurant at Tulleymore and it was excellent.

2  Thank Donald F
There are newer reviews for Tullymore Golf Club

Reviewed 29 October 2012

I attended a wedding there and the scenery was gorgeous and the reception was very well handled and the food was very good I also took advantage of their bar and restaurant in order to enjoy the games. The service was very good there along with the comfortable atmosphere.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

I was excited to play the course based on other reviews. The staff in the proshop were lukewarm at best. The starter was great, welcomed my wife and I to the course and explained what we had ahead of us.

The course was in good shape but really did not contain any outstanding golf holes. No real views to take in while playing. Greens were fair, not very tough to read or putt.

Play was slow, but that was expected as we were playing a twosome. There were four groups ahead of us playing a scramble and they were taking their time. Again not a problem, until the ranger (no one could call this guy a players assistant) waited until I was out of the cart away from my wife to come and tell her that she needed to pick up her pace of play! We had waited on every hole and he waited to tell the only woman on the course that SHE needed to pick it up!

Not once did anyone come speak with us on the prior 13 holes explaining that they knew the groups in front of us were slow and that they were trying to move them along. In fact I spoke with the groups in front of us (all men) and they indicated that the ranger did not speak with them once all day.

I spoke with the head pro at the conclusion of the round and he apologized, but I did not get the impression he would be doing anything to address the situation.

2  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I played both Tullymore and St. Ives. I loved both courses. It was a great golfing experience for both myself and my friends.

The service was great and the courses could not be better.

We stayed at the Soaring Eagle Casino in Mt. Pleasant. It was about a 45 minute drive to the courses. Tullymore does have a hotel but I did not go in. It looked nice from the outside.

We did not stay in Stanwood because there did not seem to be much to do so we stayed in Mt. Pleasant.

If you love golf, It is a must if you come to Miichigan.

1  Thank JeffreyTravel
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I visited Tullymore again over Labor Day weekend because this place is just incredible. When our group arrived, we were immediately greeted by a friendly young man who helped us with our bags and got us setup with a cart. The clubhouse itself is beautiful, and the landscape screams high-end with gorgeous stonework and brick paver everywhere. The entire staff was extremely nice, and the starter gave us helpful information on how to play the the tough holes. The course was well marked and overall conditions were absolutely perfect. We saw the pretty cart girl at least 5 times during our round, and with temperatures near 90, that was certainly appreciated. We finished our round in 4 hours and 10 minutes; awesome for a busy weekend morning tee time.
Gold Digest ranks Tullymore as the #36 Public Golf Course in the country, and it's easy to see why. It's a little pricy for everyday play, but you gotta treat yourself once in awhile. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

1  Thank Rob W