“Authentic BBQ”
Review of Korea Palace

Korea Palace
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 14 December 2015 via mobile

Place is a solid Korean BBQ spot. I give it 4 starts because I am used to some exquisite korean cuisine, but this place makes the grade for sure. Great meat, solid dishes and casseroles, and of course...soju!

Reviewed 10 December 2015

My wife and I have eaten at other Korean restaurants around the Detroit area and all have been good, but not great. We were looking for a new place and someone suggested we try Korea Palace.

We went on a Saturday night and had a great time. We were seated quickly at a barbeque table, ordered drinks and then our entrees. The wait staff was helpful and courteous offering numerous suggestions which we welcomed.

We ordered a dumpling appetizer and a barbeque combination that we grilled at our table. The appetizer was excellent as was all the different meats (short ribs, chicken shrimp and kalbi) we grilled. The complimentary Korean sides (banchan) were fresh, tasty and plentiful.

All in all a great meal and great staff! Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

This is authentic Korean food. Seafood pancake is my favorite Korean dish so I order it in very Korean restaurant and by this I will know how good of this restaurant. Their seafood pancake has REAL jumbo shrimps you are going to be surprised. They focus on main dishes than their typical Korean side dishes. Korean BBQ is good for a meat lover as well.

Reviewed 11 April 2015

Korea Palace has improved in recent years in order to compete the neighboring Chung Ki Wa, and it worked in positive way. I liked the recent visits to find their food is good, and the interior decor matches the level of the food.
The parking space is tight, but you can park in the neighboring jewelry shop in the evening.

Reviewed 26 March 2015

I have eaten at many korean restaurants over the years and this was the first time I had an option for spicy pork ribs. They were delicious, but not terribly spicy. Although to be fair my threshold is a bit high.

The kimchi offerings were fair, with the cucumbers and the napa cabbage being fantastic choices!

In addition to the port ribs I also had Sam Gyup Sal, which was sliced perfectly thick! The salt and pepper oil and fermented bean paste were the perfect accompaniment.

The shining star for me, though, was the salad. The salads that I am usually served are iceberg lettuce bowls, with some shredded vegetables and a half-hearted attempt at a ginger dressing. This was a grand exception! The dressing was rice vinegar and sesame oil, with some chili flakes. The greens were mixed field greens which were a very pleasant surprise as well.

Over all worth a stop if you are in the area.