US$64
US$59
US$129
US$114
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Howe Inn(Howe)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$104
US$99
US$70
US$90
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Checked in after a long days drive. Went to eat and gas up and when we entered the room we were immediately hit with a stale, moldy smell. There were flies in the room, but house flies and nats. We opened a drawer and found multiple roaches. The rancid looking carpeted floor was wet in spots, but not near the bathroom. Only near the beds.

It was about 10 pm and we packed up and went back to the office to get a new room. It was locked, dark and no one answered when we rang the bell. We left a note and the key explaining that we couldn't stay in that room and since we couldn't check on another room we went to another nearby hotel.

The owner still had the nerve to still charge us and even after multiple calls, they still refuse to give us a credit. We had to call our credit card company to dispute the charge.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
tej219, Manager at Country Hearth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We are trying very hard to improve the standards at our hotel for the safety and satisfaction of all guests. We will continue to diligently work towards that goal. We hope you will give us another chance in the near future to show you how much we have improved. Thanks.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Well we got there and immediately could tell it was a joke. It just looked run down. After a long days work we got our rooms and went into our rooms to shower. Only to find mold in the shower and nails/screws sticking out of the tac strip in the carpet. Even trying to charge your phone was hectic. There was only one available outlet in the room which was in the bathroom. Then i found bugs on the bed and in the room. People staying around us looked very sketchy. Including people on the balcony above us drinking a forty ounce and blaring rap music. I wouldn't set foot in that place again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Birchmet
tej219, Manager at Country Hearth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2015

Thank you for the review of your stay at our property. Since your stay at the hotel, we have updated the hotel policies so this does not happen again. Furthermore we have took the necessary steps to eliminate any pests or bugs in the guest rooms. We are sorry for the bad experience at our hotel and we hope you will give us another chance in the near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was one of the dirtiest motels I've stayed in. It smelled musty and smoky. The window to the courtyard was broken and didn't lock. We asked for a different room when the first one reeked of smoke despite the clerks protest that it was non smoking. The room she sent us to had a bad lock on the door. The mattresses were stained and looked to be original to 1950. Pillows hard as rocks. Our clothes smelled for two days after. We dubbed it the original Bates Motel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Liz D

I want to thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and I am disappointed to find that you did not have a pleasant stay at our hotel. We have since your last stay here, fixed all the issues you mentioned and have renovated the guest rooms with new furniture and bedding and linens to ensure that it does not happen again. We hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We booked our reservation here through Booking.com because it was a pet friendly hotel with a pool, free breakfast and spacious rooms. My BF was taking a class in the area and this would be a nice place, we thought, for me to spend the time while he was in class. When we got to the hotel, we noticed that the pool had no water in it, and we were told that they had no rooms available because of a water heater failure. We were never called or notified prior to arriving with our pets. The hotel clerk, Tejal, offered no apology but instead blamed it on Booking.com. REALLY??? She called around and did find us another pet friendly room in town, but it was more expensive truck stop-like motel with no pool, no breakfast and a room smaller than my bedroom at home. Extremely disappointed and unhappy. :(

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen D

Our sincerest apology for the mistake on our part. We have changed our listing with booking.com to not advertise a pool and have updated pet policy. We have also better trained all staff members so this does not happen again. I apologize for the bad experience at our hotel and we hope you will give us another chance in the near future. Thanks.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

This hotel was probably pretty nice in the 60's. I don't think anything had been changed or updated since it was originally built. On checking in, I filled out a slip (again much like was done in the 50's and 60's) which served as my receipt. The motel consists of 2 separate buildings separated by a covered walkway. The one building appeared to have long-term residents. I was placed in the other building. Walking into the building it had a strong musty odor which reaked of water damage somewhere. My room was large and the linens and towels were clean. No complaints there. In fact one of the towels was new. I know this because it still had a tag on it. The advertised fridge did work, however, it had a sticker on the front of it that said "medications". Apparently it was purchased in an auction of a nursing home or hospital. Either that or it was only meant for medications. Oops, I actually put a bottle of water in it. As I was checking out the next morning at 6:30, I had to ring a doorbell to get an attendant. It was an older woman who looked like I woker her up. I handed her my key and she turned and went back into the backroom without saying anything. Needless to say the advertised breakfast and coffee were out of the question. No, I will not be returning to this motel anytime in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank St_Nick61

I want to thank you for your review and since your visit at our motel have done several renovations to upgrade the property atmosphere. We are constantly doing small and big upgrades at the property and try to make the stay safe and enjoyable for all guests. We have taken the necessary steps to make sure that this type of situation does not arise again.