“Wonderful service and food”
Review of V.I. Grill

V.I. Grill
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: The V.I. Grill serves fresh and local American fare in a family friendly atmosphere. Some of our specialties include Fresh Whitefish, Black Angus burgers, natural hand cut fries, fresh salads or unique sandwiches. Don't forget to save room for our local fresh daily desserts including Moomers Ice Cream. Enjoy a outdoor dining around a stone fireplace with a full bar area. Our Tavern is accented with hand scraped Hickory floors and Mahogany back bar with 22 taps, tv's are visible and our dining room includes a two story stone fireplace and specializes in large groups. Next time your in Suttons Bay, experience the history of Leelanau County Est. 1871!
Reviewed 24 January 2016

My husband and I went to the Village Inn for dinner. I had the Popcorn Perch and my husband had the Villager hamburger. The popcorn perch was just perfect for what I wanted to eat. Can't believe my husband at the entire hamburger, it was huge, but he loved it. Very tasty.

This is a nice family friendly, casual, and relaxing place to eat. They also had some nice micro and local brews, which my husband really enjoyed.

1  Thank p w
Richard R, Owner at V.I. Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

Thank you for stopping by the V.I. I'm glad you enjoyed service and the food. The Popcorn Perch is one of our more popular appetizers. We hand cut and lightly bread the Perch to order. The Villager is on its own when it comes to sheer size and quantity of items. Between the buns are 8 different condiments plus the Black Angus burger. Every time I eat it I feel like I've accomplished something! Thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

Our family dined here at the end of December. When we walked in, we were welcomed with a very nice atmosphere. The server was very friendly and took care of our drinks right away, while we decided to order the perch. The perch was lightly battered so that you could still see the beautiful stripes on the fish. My husband commented that "you could only get perch that big if you caught it yourself!" It was a real treat! The sweet potatoe fries were also delicious! The menu is varied and it was nice to see some daily specials and $7 lunches in a resort area. We will definitely be back to try the Mexican and have some more perch!!

1  Thank Patricia D
Richard R, Owner at V.I. Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you were welcomed as a Guest should be: friendly greeting with prompt service. This is very important to us and we always strive to make everybody happy. We know we are not perfect but we do try to exceed everybody's expectations and we are glad to hear you had a nice visit with your family. Thanks again and we hope you make it back to Suttons Bay.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

We had an excellent seat to watch Michigan win the Citrus Bowl. We had excellent snacks, lunch, and drinks. The waitstaff was amazing!

1  Thank Denise H
Richard R, Owner at V.I. Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you had a nice experience at the V.I. Our goal is to make every person feel welcome and comfortable with good service, food and atmosphere. Thanks again for the nice comments. Have a great 2016!

Reviewed 1 December 2015

Looking for a place to dine in TC on the weekend without reservations even in late Fall is challenging. We encountered one to one-and-a-half hour waits at the best places.

We decided to drive up the peninsula to Suttons Bay and there stumbled across the VI [Village Inn] Grill.

The place was very busy but we were seated immediately. To our surprise, we soon found out that they have daily specials and their [Fall/Winter?] Saturday special is HALF-OFF on pizzas. Our concern as to the quality of the pizza was put to rest immediately as we were served in good time and the pizza was great. What a deal!

1  Thank Ronmsparks

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for making the drive up M22 to Suttons Bay. I'm glad you enjoyed the homemade pizza and sauce. We make our dough and sauce in house daily. On Saturday's in the Winter with half off pizza, our pizza oven gets a work out! Thank you for visiting and I hope we see you again on your next trip!

Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

I had my niece with me when we stopped by for lunch. It was pretty busy lunch but we wanted some good grub. They did not have grilled cheese on the menu and my niece asked if there was anyway they maybe able to please make her one. There was no second guessing and she knew right away that it was ok. That made me feel very good to accommodate a picky about 10 year old. The wings were also good. Ms Taylor took wonderful care of us with her having a full section and filling everyone's needs. I will defiantly be back in to see her wonderful smiling face!!

2  Thank kayla d